Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What pump bits are you putting in the sharps bins? You literally only need to put actual sharp things in there...

The needle ends of the infusion set, I cut them and throw away the tubing and dump the needle ends in the sharps bin, the blue transfer guard that is used to draw insulin into the reservoir and the mio infusion set needle used to apply it. (I popped the needle part out and throw the plastic outer packaging away)

Reactions: LooperCat

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Did you not get a 7l bin issued when you started using a CGM? Here in Leeds when prescribed on NHS all the gubbins from that has to go in it. The sensor and the part of the applicator that has the needle in it. Made me laugh as I had been self funding and putting in the bin for 2 years.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Windy morning to you all. Stream appears to be going down as does my BG. It's my 5 badge again today
Hope you have a nice Sunday

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Woke up to this, this morning..

Rumours that there where some post production overdubs are wildly exaggerated..

She's still got it!

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, steady as she goes here, wet and windy morning has turned ito an intermittently sunny and still windy afternoon. Enjoy Sunday!

Reactions: karen8967

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Forecasting snow here tomorrow early doors. It better not interfere with my swim or there will be trouble.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

C8076B3C-E3F5-4830-933E-45FCA4F11E3D.jpeg

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Those syringes scare me all ive ever known was that Diabetics use Insulin Pens

What outdated place on this earth is still using oldschool Syringes!? LOL
I use syringes sometimes. If my pump fails (and it does occasionally), and I’m not in a position to change it if I’m working or away from home or something, then I can easily grab a syringe from my bag, pull up some insulin and inject until I can get my pump up and running again.

Razzamuffin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use syringes sometimes. If my pump fails (and it does occasionally), and I’m not in a position to change it if I’m working or away from home or something, then I can easily grab a syringe from my bag, pull up some insulin and inject until I can get my pump up and running again.
o_O umm never met a diabetic that even uses syringes, we all get pens here even my slow acting one is a pen
1582472514405.jpeg

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
o_O umm never met a diabetic that even uses syringes, we all get pens here even my slow acting one is a penView attachment 38860

Different strokes for different folks. It would be wasteful of me to carry a pen around on the offchance my pump failed, as it would have to be binned after a month. But it’s easy to pull a little insulin from the reservoir with one of these babies. Or if I want to do an intramuscular injection for a fast correction: sometimes my pump is a little slow as it delivers subcutaneously, so I sometimes do a shot straight into my deltoid muscle, it acts much faster. These syringes have 8mm needles, twice as long as most pen ones, so it’s easy to get the stuff in deeper.

62E792BD-9A68-4F41-97B1-CD531A8C84AC.jpeg

Reactions: urbanracer

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

Last shift today and I’m out of there, like YEET Diabetes wasn’t bad, yogurt, chai seeds, berries and flaxseeds didn’t keep me full so I’m very hungry.

Razzamuffin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Different strokes for different folks. It would be wasteful of me to carry a pen around on the offchance my pump failed, as it would have to be binned after a month. But it’s easy to pull a little insulin from the reservoir with one of these babies. Or if I want to do an intramuscular injection for a fast correction: sometimes my pump is a little slow as it delivers subcutaneously, so I sometimes do a shot straight into my deltoid muscle, it acts much faster. These syringes have 8mm needles, twice as long as most pen ones, so it’s easy to get the stuff in deeper.

View attachment 38861
I hope i never have to use those needles :( these small ones leave bruises enough already

Razzamuffin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

Last shift today and I’m out of there, like YEET Diabetes wasn’t bad, yogurt, chai seeds, berries and flaxseeds didn’t keep me full so I’m very hungry.
How are you eating yoghurt? im not allowed them because of spikes! Jealous

Razzamuffin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It’s the plain vegan yogurt, not too many carbs. But I know the flavoured ones will spike me badly :(
Sad times :( you know im still confused when it comes to cereal and chocolate with me..I don't spike on them, am tempted to order a pizza to see what i can get away with