Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds like a cold to me, it happens.
I was cleaning out some juvenile chicks and capybara that day in the afternoon I’m helped with an event where kids can handle bugs and beasts. Slugs and sun beetles and then feeding which was mostly dead chicks too the meerkats skunks raccoon etc..
What a wonderful job, I love capybara, they are a dream come true for any guinea pig lover!

Razzamuffin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I suffer from nose bleeds dunno why, happens when its too hot or if my blow my nose too hard, but it don't bother me, had that since i was a child.

And where in the world do you live for Trash Pandas to exist!? (Raccoons)

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football, Rugby, Sweede, Parsnips, Beetroot
I suffer from nose bleeds dunno why, happens when its too hot or if my blow my nose too hard, but it don't bother me, had that since i was a child.

And where in the world do you live for Trash Pandas to exist!? (Raccoons)
Lol don’t call raccoons trash. Animals are living beings and also i volunteer in a animal park so there’s a raccoon their and other exotic animals silly as well as farm and reptiles etc..

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Really why do things keep changing. I still have the cough no noisebleed still pain slightly and now when coughing up mucus before it had always been clear but now sometimes it’s red slightky But not always more after eating as well. ’m thinking mabye it’s just still effects of yesterday.

i hate getting sick and not knowing what to do

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Really why do things keep changing. I still have the cough no noisebleed still pain slightly and now when coughing up mucus before it had always been clear but now sometimes it’s red slightky But not always more after eating as well. ’m thinking mabye it’s just still effects of yesterday.

i hate getting sick and not knowing what to do

Hi,

If you feel you are coughing up blood? Phone the NHS 111 helpline..

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi,

? How come just wondering how come you said this
And what’s 111? Sorry I’ve not heard of that number before

Razzamuffin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lol don’t call raccoons trash. Animals are living beings and also i volunteer in a animal park so there’s a raccoon their and other exotic animals silly as well as farm and reptiles etc..
Blame Disney and Marvel for that Reference It just makes me see Raccoons in a more positive light Lol, I wonder if they are a type of Panda though.

Reactions: Jaylee and Antje77

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
? How come just wondering how come you said this
And what’s 111? Sorry I’ve not heard of that number before
If you are in the UK, its a non emergency NHS number that is open 24 hours a day

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
If you are in the UK, its a non emergency NHS number that is open 24 hours a day
Ok. I am in U.K. I was just wondering as I haven’t heard. That number before

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Blame Disney and Marvel for that Reference It just makes me see Raccoons in a more positive light Lol, I wonder if they are a type of Panda though.

Closer to a Ringtail, by all, acounts.. Nothing like a "rabbit." ;) Yeah, I got yer reference! :)

D

Deleted member 308541

I have neither trash pandas or rabbits on my property, but I have ship loads of possums of various types living out there.

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Here is a link to explain this service. https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-services/urgent-and-emergency-care/nhs-111/

I've used it once for a friend with difficulty breathing.. The operative heard my friend struggling as I explained the nature of the call & dispatched an ambulance.
Hi,

Luckily I haven’t had to as the next time I coughed there was no blood but thanks for explaining.

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Just curious. I’ve had these cuts from my chain ring ever since the incident on the 8th when teenagers kicked my moutain bike onto me caused get cut by the chain ring 1s fine but the other one bigger one doesn’t seem to be healing. it’s now the 24th probably didn’t help I picked it once but shouldn’t it of healed now? I know for us diabeties the healing process can take longer but could this cough be related since I’m pretty sure chain rings are metal.? Although I’ve only had the cough since Thursday .

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just curious. I’ve had these cuts from my chain ring ever since the incident on the 8th when teenagers kicked my moutain bike onto me caused get cut by the chain ring 1s fine but the other one bigger one doesn’t seem to be healing. it’s now the 24th probably didn’t help I picked it once but shouldn’t it of healed now? I know for us diabeties the healing process can take longer but could this cough be related since I’m pretty sure chain rings are metal.? Although I’ve only had the cough since Thursday .
Hi,

Depends on how you're managing your BGs..?
The chain ring is metal & lubricated with oil which can get grubby.. Oil is not always the easiest to clean from a cut.
If you cut has not been cleaned properly this could cause infection & reluctance to heal. So could picking at any scabbing?

You could get a Nurse to look at it just incase nothing is untoward with the wound?

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi,

Depends on how you're managing your BGs..?
The chain ring is metal & lubricated with oil which can get grubby.. Oil is not always the easiest to clean from a cut.
If you cut has not been cleaned properly this could cause infection & reluctance to heal. So could picking at any scabbing?

You could get a Nurse to look at it just incase nothing is untoward with the wound?
Good point. Also it’s on a leg. So it might be a good idea as working with animals can cause your scab come off as well for example whenever with meerkats they like to climb and accidentally scratch you which doesn’t help If you have cuts. I don’t know if infection can be caught from animals (if it can it’s probably rare) but I couple of animals do have cuts not that obvious but easy to tell when you see close up.

D

Deleted member 308541

I don’t know if infection can be caught from animals (if it can it’s probably rare)

Here's a small selection of nasty stuff you can catch from animals, this was put out by the Australian federal government...
Disease and causative organism Animal(s) involved and most common mode of transmission to people Characteristic effect of human infection Occupational groups at risk include

MURRAY VALLEY ENCEPHALITIS an arbovirus involving an arthropod (insect) vector. Birds, native and domestic animals are implicated. Spread by mosquito bites. Headache, fever drowsiness, neck stiffness, loss of appetite, giddiness. Coma death or brain damage may occur. Farmers, outdoor workers.

Q FEVER Coxiella burnetii, a bacteria-like organism. Cattle, sheep, goats. Inhalation of air or dust. Chills, fever, sweating, headache, loss of appetite, muscle soreness. Inflammation of lungs liver and heart may occur. Abattoir workers, livestock handlers, veterinarians, biological laboratory workers.
(ORNITHOSIS) Chlamydia psittaci, a bacteria-like organism. Parrots, parakeets, pigeons, poultry. Inhalation of contaminated air. Loss of appetite, c
hills, fever, head-ache, sensitivity to light, irritation to throat. Bird breeders, pet store personnel, veterinarians. ACUTE

GASTROENTERITIS caused by Campylobacter bacteria. Dogs, chickens, pigs, sheep. Ingestion of contaminated food or water. Diarrhoea, abdominal pain, fever, nausea and vomiting. Personnel involved in food processing and food handling.

LEPTOSPIROSIS Leptospira interrogans bacteria. Pigs, cattle and rats. Penetration of the skin by the organisms, or via the mouth or nose. Headache, fever, sensations of chill, muscle pain, soreness stiffness in the neck. Kidneys may be affected and vomiting, coughing, or exhaustion may occur. Abattoir workers, pig and dairy farmers, sewage treatment workers, veterinarians.

RINGWORM of the scalp or body, Microsporum canis and other fungus species. Mainly dogs and cats. Contact with infected animals or articles. Single or multiple rings of inflamed skin around a scaly central region. Animal handlers.

HYDATID DISEASE Echinococcus granulosus, a tapeworm. Dogs harbour adult worm. Sheep and wallabies develop cysts from ingesting eggs. People also develop cysts if eggs are ingested. People develop cysts in lungs, brain or kidneys. Nausea after meals, coughing, jaundice, or abdominal pain may occur. Anaphylactic shock may follow rupture of a cyst. This can be fatal. Sheep farmers and their families.

https://www.safeworkaustralia.gov.a...acquiredfromanimals_nohsc_1989_archivepdf.pdf