Digestive system issuesnot sure if this is diabetic related

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys iv had some wierd digestive issues even the doctor seems to find wierd seem like my body is breaking down only carbs like potatoe white bread pasta etc. And it seems to effect my levels. But carbs such as sugar are not breaking down and not raising my levels. I have discussed this with my diabetic doctor they where quite shocked. Is there anyone else here suffering from this kind of problem?.

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
A gastric delay (gastroparesis) isn’t selective like that. But it can slow a low blood sugar recovery. Is that what you’re experiencing? That’s the only typical time when you’d expect sugar to work fast.

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A gastric delay (gastroparesis) isn’t selective like that. But it can slow a low blood sugar recovery. Is that what you’re experiencing? That’s the only typical time when you’d expect sugar to work fast.
Hi no im just experiencing my body digesting certain carbs in terms of raising sugar levels with only certain carbs. Iv yet to find another diabetic with this problem.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi guys iv had some wierd digestive issues even the doctor seems to find wierd seem like my body is breaking down only carbs like potatoe white bread pasta etc. And it seems to effect my levels. But carbs such as sugar are not breaking down and not raising my levels. I have discussed this with my diabetic doctor they where quite shocked. Is there anyone else here suffering from this kind of problem?.

Can I just clarify this simply, please?

If you eat potatoes, bread, or pasta, you experience raised sugar levels, as you would expect? However, if you eat sugar you stuff, I'm guessing like sweeties (?), your levels don't seem to rise?

May I also ask how long you have been diagnosed and if you have any other autoimmune conditions, such as coeliac or lupus?

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can I just clarify this simply, please?

If you eat potatoes, bread, or pasta, you experience raised sugar levels, as you would expect? However, if you eat sugar you stuff, I'm guessing like sweeties (?), your levels don't seem to rise?

May I also ask how long you have been diagnosed and if you have any other autoimmune conditions, such as coeliac or lupus?
Hi yeah that correct sweeties,sugar dont raise my levels. Breads pasta, potatoes raise my levels. I dont have coeliac disease or lupus from what im aware of iv had diabetes for like 17 years.