Having symptoms not sure what they mean

swan45

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I am diabetes 2 and would like to know if anyone gets these strange symptoms. I can be anywhere at anytime .i start to feel a strange sensation come over me and it stops me in my tracks as it elevates to that point. I feel it start from my legs up through my body to my head. Its horrible.i have to breath in and out deeply to sort of control as its happening. I have to stand still and cannot talk for about 30 seconds or so. It messes with my mind as its like i get wierd flashbacks but along with that moment it is like everyone around me talking i just find is affected in a wierd way.i cant put it into words. I did my bp while it happened and it went sky high for about 20 seconds. I get an usual warm feeling in my head too. Anyone else gets this ? I feel knocked out with a strange fatigue in my head afterwards. I take metformin for diabetes.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not something I’ve experienced, nor heard about as a diabetes thing. If you’ve recorded your bp doing odd things whilst it happens I’d talk to your dr about it. They may do a 24hr monitor or other checks just to make sure nothing odd is happening there.

swan45

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had a heart monitor for 24 hours a few weeks ago.theres been a letter sent to my surgery so said by the gp receptionist from the hospital but i have not been asked to come back in about it .i will have to go and find outas i expected a request to come in or at least something ! . My blood pressure monitor was on for 24 hours and that showed it go up even when i eas sleeping to quite high.
In limbo.
Its quite a serious symptom or whatever as it is debilitating when it happens and never had such a bad feeling as it happens like it does.thank you for your reply .

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a heart monitor for 24 hours a few weeks ago.theres been a letter sent to my surgery so said by the gp receptionist from the hospital but i have not been asked to come back in about it .i will have to go and find outas i expected a request to come in or at least something ! . My blood pressure monitor was on for 24 hours and that showed it go up even when i eas sleeping to quite high.
In limbo.
Its quite a serious symptom or whatever as it is debilitating when it happens and never had such a bad feeling as it happens like it does.thank you for your reply .
Sounds as though you’re with the same GP surgery as me ie not very proactive.