Type 1'stars R Us

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Razzamuffin Pizza is one of the trickiest foods. High fat, high carb, maybe high protein. Even old timers have a hard time dosing for it. Yogurt is easy to eat when you know the amount of insulin and timing you need for it.

Up until my pump I preferred a vial for my long acting insulin and pens for my fast acting as I knew I would never grab the wrong one on dosing. It worked well and I never mixed them up.

Reactions: hh1

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Back in the West Midlands after a very good few days in Somerset and getting my mind around going back to work... woe is me.

However, it's been a bit of a rollercoaster, bloods wise, so a bit of normal eating/walking routine will be good for me, I'm sure.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone
FB_IMG_1575876701025.jpg

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all. Hopefully doing a spot of supply teaching on this wet and windy Monday. Just waiting for the call. Liver had beaten me to it this morning with a surge from 5.2 on waking to 7.4 and rising now. Guess it’s trying to jazz me up a bit with some energy. Have a good one...

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning, a good start to the week, with a 5.7 :)
School restarts today, so fingers crossed
Hope you have a good start to the week:)

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, bit high this morning, 8.1, don't know why so nothing new there! Can't even blame th socks overnight....

Just seen the weather and the snow in the north - hope you all stay safe & warm. Just wet in Somerset so nothig new there either!

Reactions: karen8967

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
My Bg is rising fast!!!!!! I think it's my recent pod change but I also just took a warm shower which causes an increase so I didn't catch it right away, but I have shot up to a 11 and no food to account for it. Arrrrgh.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I would be back to normal routine if the rain combined with access to a car hadn't tempted me to drive to work. I've usually set off at much my usual time to get a good parking space then gone for a walk around the area until time to start work when in this circumstance before but I am a fair weather walker....

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, Looks like we're all having to struggle with something today......... rising BGs, the weather and remembering to be awesome.
I'm going to try, hope everyone rises to the Monday challenge.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, just caught up on the weekends goings on, you lot have been 'talkative'!

Friday night had pasta, managed timing and dose perfectly until bed time - was thinking that perhaps I should do a small dose of novorapid before going to bed to stave off the likely increase that was due but didn't...........something like 4am I woke up to a 2.8 - I've never hypo'd after pasta (at night) usually the complete opposite! :wideyed:

Went to bed on a good number last night, woke at 5:30 to a 12.0 (having been slightly higher the last hour or so) so did a correction and went back to bed, alarm time and I was sitting at 9 heading in a south easterly direction, pre bolus and then breakfast etc. and I'm now sitting pretty at 5.8 heading East.

@SueJB river Thames level has dropped so assumed your stream had also retreated - good to hear.

@therower I too thought how thoughtful of those needle users to put the safety caps back on - @loopcat must have a better class of users! (couldn't actually work out if the spoon was solid silver though?:hilarious: )

Shar4ron

Morning all, woke up to a 6.4, that'll do thank you!

@therower well done you! I won't be doing anything like that this weekend; after a day of jet washing the path round the back of the house so I don't slip over (it had become lethal) and tidying and hoovering (eugh!) I went to a lantern parade in Shepton Mallet last night. They've been doing it for 10 years and I've never been before. Some amazing lanterns, including a huge ram (because of Shepton's connection to sheep) that was a work of art, carried by four people, which all went on a wonderful parade around the park, with a fantastic samba drumming band as part of the whole thing. Only problem was it was really cold, lots of stamping of feet and rubbing of hands. But worth it!
I live near Shepton Mallet,did you visit the Snowdrop festival?

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Finally showing signs of Bg coming down but it looks like I'll need even more to get it to a proper level. I've had a few pods lately that have either been bad or a bad site. Aggravating but at least I'm going south now. My hubby just went for a walk with a newly caught toad in our front yard, off to the stream it goes!!!!

Reactions: hh1 and SueJB

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Thanks @slip You're right, our stream has dropped about 1ft so heading downwards but the ground is still very soggy

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I live near Shepton Mallet,did you visit the Snowdrop festival?
Hi @Shar4ron, I helped out last year but didn't make it this year. I think it's a fab event; were you there? I heard it was much quieter than the previous year. And welcome to the thread; haven't seen you here before?

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So, snowing hard when I set off to pool at 6:30 and 0.5’ Pouring down with rain when I left at 8. Now dry and temp going up to about 13’. Expecting strong winds later. And we thought diabetes was erratic!

Reactions: SueJB and hh1

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Afternoon chaps. Teaching at a school with a very purple colour scheme and it looks like I’ve coordinated my clothes and accessories deliberately. Glad I don’t work here full time because it might put me off my favourite colour. Sugars a bit wonky but there we are. Hope you’re having a better Monday than me :D