ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@ickihun - are you saying your have had a heart attack, as in a diagnosed coronary event at the time you are referring to in the quoted part of your text I've copied below?

"....My life has changed from multipal pregnancy tests bought to having heart attack checking blood tests......"
No luckily those blood tests hv come back I haven't had a heart attack, thank god. Thanks for asking @DCUKMod.
I just feel im having to be tested everytime, just in case. I won't complain as they are fantastic tests but I feel a part of my future now. Now diagnosed with heart disease and suffering with chest pains.
Luckily I am getting tested for leaking blood and stomach pain currently. I understand chest pain can be part and parcel of indigestion or any upper gastric problem. This is currently under investigation so facing a more thorough endoscopy and Ultrascan as soon as possible to ascertain a diagnosis and I'm hoping for a plan of resolution or management of the inflammation and polyps in my mini stomach. More importantly no blood and no more (other than unavoidable IBS or natural menstrual) stomach pain. Scatica pain I hv to manage regardless too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Barb McD

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
10-day moving average down slightly to 198.4 pounds or 90 kg. Been a little sedentary this week as temps have hovered around -20c, making the prospect of spending much time outdoors somewhat unappealing :eek:

Reactions: Lotties

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I do the same but mainly only about my health. Only time I don't get stressed is typing on here. Even talking about my health status to a company who needs to know. (i.e gas company) by telephone I come off the call in a right state unless I do the call a bit at a time. E-on are great with me, luckily. I say I hv 'health anxiety'. Only because if a mistake made I feel it's fatal for me.
My life has changed from multipal pregnancy tests bought to having heart attack checking blood tests. I support bhf with furniture etc so hopefully I'm paying them back for those costs. Thx God for British Heart Foundation eh?
Still having symptoms and bleeding so my own surgeon is redoing endoscopy and having my Ultrascan redone too. He'll find where I'm bleeding from. I feel so much more relaxed. I feel a weight off my shoulders on exiting the Royal yesterday. :) :) :) I'm taking the not so good painkillers but had a nasty attack of scatica yesterday morning. I'm not ready to give up my walking aid yet. However my insulin need may hv come to a stand still unless a weight loss boost from somewhere. I had to take novarapid last night as I drank some milk as an experiment for this morning's congealed blood from lying down. I must admit I didn't get that lump but I did before sleep instead so milk hasn't stopped the bleeding but congealed it sooner. Milk has always raised my bgs. On top of a delayed valentines supper with partner without kids my peak was 17.9 humf! Mind u I had a stressful day as smear that morning and it was painful. I wonder if I do hv fibromyalgia still as pain is definately my enemy. My poor nurse. I had to console her as I cried with pain. I really hate smears no matter what I tell myself.
One day I hope just a blood test, instead. I bet I'm not the only women who feels that way.
Not sure I could be as stoical as you. Just seems you get over one thing and something else hits you. Hope the endoscopy goes well and that they can get to the bottom of what is going on.

Reactions: ickihun

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
No weigh in this week.
Travelling, visiting. Too far out of routine.
Back to normal next Friday.
Will be catching up on all posts then.
Meanwhile be good peeps and have as much fun as you can without damaging yourself or others.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Not sure I could be as stoical as you. Just seems you get over one thing and something else hits you. Hope the endoscopy goes well and that they can get to the bottom of what is going on.
I'm more confident they will now. I'm still getting swellings on my stomach, like a water balloon effect. This was pre-op status too. I was assured it would go away. Maybe I need more weight off. Maybe. I'm still classed as obese so looking to get down to overweight or in range with my BMI. We'll see. I'm much more relaxed about things now. :)

Reactions: Ryhia and SlimLizzy

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
76.4kg this morning - thats a 1lb drop. Was after the gym so a little light on water but i will take it for a bit of further motivation heh.

Foot feeling betterish now so been out running again which helps

Dropped 2 metformin also which may or may not be a good idea, we will see

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Guess what ?I 44.8 an well onwards and upwards (hopefully !)
Carol

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm more confident they will now. I'm still getting swellings on my stomach, like a water balloon effect. This was pre-op status too. I was assured it would go away. Maybe I need more weight off. Maybe. I'm still classed as obese so looking to get down to overweight or in range with my BMI. We'll see. I'm much more relaxed about things now. :)
Keep being positive. I would have imagined all sorts of things wrong with me which is utterly stupid, much better to have a calm laid back approach if you can and let the doctors do their work.

Your mention of an endoscopy examination brought back memories of my first day in my first IT job after graduation. (mature student) I was called in to the endoscopy suite to fix a printer. Walked in to find someone on the table having an investigation undertaken. When I asked if the person had given permission for me to be there they simply said "oh they won't mind". I did though, I was nearly having kittens - managed to keep my eyes averted from the video screen for the most part, collected myself and fixed their printer. Two firsts, seeing the insides of someone's stomach and my first experience of fixing a printer. Oh those were the days.

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit late... but measured on last Friday.
108.1kg 41.1% bf.
Happy week, peeps

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This is where eating too many nuts has got me - weight has increased by nearly a kilo - 55 and three quarter kilos, mind you they were delicious.

Reactions: Lotties and Diawara

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is where eating too many nuts has got me - weight has increased by nearly a kilo - 55 and three quarter kilos, mind you they were delicious.
Yea thats a killer - i had to stop buying them to avoid me snacking on them. I have been having some soya nuts which are a lower calorie sub in - depends howl ow carb you are though.

Reactions: Lotties

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dehydrated & BG 11.3 2 hrs after afternoon tea at a posh hotel for Mum's birthday. Penalty of no carbs since New Year's day.
117.7 kg 41.0 % fat.
Down a little :)

Last edited:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yea thats a killer - i had to stop buying them to avoid me snacking on them. I have been having some soya nuts which are a lower calorie sub in - depends howl ow carb you are though.
To be honest I don't religiously count my carbs, I just eat food that is zero or low carb. Realise I have exceeded my quota by quite a bit, will be reassessing I think.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
This week scales hesitated at 46.9 then settled for 47kg. That's still a loss though and I have been eating loads, although remaining LC for HbA1C test last week. Good result on that. Down to 40. Wish they had done cholesterol test at same time.
@Ryhia I love nuts too, actually make a nut and seed granola. Almost no carb breakfast. Do have to be careful with portion size though.
@Quinn1066 That's the way i weigh too.
@Lotties Down a little is good. Keep going.
@Ryhia mostly I guesstimate carbs. But always look up carbs on ready meals and prepared foods as they can vary so widely from brand to brand.
How did you decide on your quota? Am always interested to know the reasoning behind the number.

Reactions: Quinn1066

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SlimLizzy yeah, I find it gives me more consistent weights. The diabetic nurse weighs me in my clothes and shoes. I wear orthotics as well. My track pants, socks and everything add about a good 1.5kg. I have slipped into the underweight category now for the first time in my life. BMI 18.3 now. My knees are killing me, I am anemic, but my goal is 50kg.

Reactions: Ryhia and Lotties

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@SlimLizzy yeah, I find it gives me more consistent weights. The diabetic nurse weighs me in my clothes and shoes. I wear orthotics as well. My track pants, socks and everything add about a good 1.5kg. I have slipped into the underweight category now for the first time in my life. BMI 18.3 now. My knees are killing me, I am anemic, but my goal is 50kg.

Quinn, if you weigh 52.6kg, and are already in the underweight category, why are you trying to go lower? In my view, there is nothing good can come out of driving yourself into an underweight scenario.

My maintained weight is right at the bottom of the healthy BMI range, and I ensure I keep it nudged above that line. I am actually 1.5kg below it - I usually drop a little weight in foreign climes - so am mainlining on crispy pork rinds. When I get home, I feel pretty sure, I'll settle at the 48.5-50kg point. I am 160cm tall.

Please, please rethink your strategy of striving to be underweight.