Type 1'stars R Us

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, woke up to 3.4 on Libre, meter said 6.3. Tried Libre again, same thing, then it said there was an error and it couldn't read. Two minutes later sensor and my meter said the same thing. This sensor ends in two days so I hope it doesn't play up non-stop till then; working today and a few hours' driving so having it behave would be nice. Hope everyone's gadgets/sensors/tech/bg are behaving!

Reactions: karen8967 and SueJB

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all! I am resignedly bemused. But reckon I've had a bit of a cold as well as out of routineness. BGs back to usual kinds of numbers.

Just waiting to return the car then off to a day's training.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, It's been raining here but the sun's come out and the stream's gone down again so flooding unlikely for a while. I'm very happy with that but feel very sad for everyone in flooded areas.
Madam BG is good so I get to wear my 5 badge again.
Hope your pancakes/crepes/galettes are all yummy

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all - currently at 5.2 but was flat lining in the low 7's ALL night (one of the most steady overnight graphs I've ever had).

I've recently had a flurry of letters from the clinic.............next appointment was due in May, a few weeks ago that got cancelled and rearranged for June, then early last week a letter to say that had been cancelled and it was going to be August, and Friday another letter now September...........gives me plenty of time to get my hba1c down further! :smug:

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Morning all
Bloods doing their thing last night - in a good way. Dead straight line at 7 woohoo

@Razzamuffin I wish drinking water helped my bloods stay on the straight and narrow BUT unfortunately does nothing for me, glad H2O helps you out thou :)

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Busy morning. 8am grandson arrived, we played trains, hide and seek and read some stories. Then out to local shopping area to pick up a wok from Argos, milk from Sainsbury and visit some pets in Pets at Home. Back in the car and off to garden centre for an all day breakfast and coffee. Home for a nappy change, 2 stories and bed. He is now asleep and I am recharging batteries with a second cup of coffee. Cake baking this afternoon. Bloods on a nice steady 6. Will take that.

Reactions: karen8967

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
And the best thing Becca is at the end of the day you hand him back over to his parents - LOL I'm already feeling it for my daughter......if and when the time comes! :hilarious:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends, I feel like death, I was 15/16mmol earlier this morning and I landed on 11mmol and it feels like I’ve been walking in a desert for 8 hours. Coffee, vegan yogurt with berries and seeds and a gallon of water to get me started on writing my essays.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good afternoon guys, hope you are having a good day. BG has been a little high today,
Well pancake day is here again, but probably wont be having any today, I did make some gf ones last year with ground almonds and they weren't bad at all. A double whammy today, as pancake day has never fallen on my birthday before, looking forward to tonight as I am being taken out for a birthday meal at Cosy Club :happy: I have only been there for lunch and their cosy eggs are really delicious :hungry:

Razzamuffin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all
Bloods doing their thing last night - in a good way. Dead straight line at 7 woohoo

@Razzamuffin I wish drinking water helped my bloods stay on the straight and narrow BUT unfortunately does nothing for me, glad H2O helps you out thou :)

Seriously? I was told water flushes it all out, but you need to be drinking around a half a litre or more daily.

Glad your bloods are 7, mine are 6.1 now :D

Hello friends, I feel like death, I was 15/16mmol earlier this morning and I landed on 11mmol and it feels like I’ve been walking in a desert for 8 hours. Coffee, vegan yogurt with berries and seeds and a gallon of water to get me started on writing my essays.

Helloo

Is it bad I want to scold you? Like become an Uncle Kyle? Why so high? :(

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good afternoon guys, hope you are having a good day. BG has been a little high today,
Well pancake day is here again, but probably wont be having any today, I did make some gf ones last year with ground almonds and they weren't bad at all. A double whammy today, as pancake day has never fallen on my birthday before, looking forward to tonight as I am being taken out for a birthday meal at Cosy Club :happy: I have only been there for lunch and their cosy eggs are really delicious :hungry:
Happy birthday robinredbreast have a fab day xx
FB_IMG_1579246504495.jpg

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy birthday RRB. Enjoy your day.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I wish drinking water helped my bloods stay on the straight and narrow BUT unfortunately does nothing for me, glad H2O helps you out thou :)
I find C257H383N65O77S6 works better myself...

Morning all. Rest day chez LooperCat, after a sneaky teaching day yesterday! I start a run of three 0700-1900 shifts tomorrow, so will be batch cooking meals and baking chocolate brownies for my new crew. Especially keen to make a good impression, as it’s the am

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Seriously? I was told water flushes it all out, but you need to be drinking around a half a litre or more daily.

Helloo

It’s a mystery yet to be solved

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other

Helloo

Half a litre isn’t even a pint, I suspect someone has given you some suspect information somewhere along the line. Insulin is the only thing that can lower blood sugar in someone unable to produce it, ie a type one.

And I hate to be THAT person, but we don’t do scolding here. Sometimes things go awry :)

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
And the best thing Becca is at the end of the day you hand him back over to his parents - LOL I'm already feeling it for my daughter......if and when the time comes! :hilarious:
Absolutely, off he went with a kiss and a wave. A job well done with tons of pleasure.

Reactions: SueJB and Marie 2