Insulin

Jackie006

I have been told to change from lantus to tresiba I just wondered if there are any side effects as I'm scared of change

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been told to change from lantus to tresiba I just wondered if there are any side effects as I'm scared of change

Hi,

I use Lantus too & have recently been given the thumbs up for Tresiba. Got a couple of appointments in the next couple of weeks with a DSN & Endo..

From what i've read, Tresiba has had some pretty good reviews in comparison to Lantus..We are all unique.
Though i'm not adverse to change, it would be interesting to hear some feedback from those currently using it..

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I found that Tresiba actually "worked" for 24 hours. It, apparently, stays ion your system for 36 hours? Never had to split dose while on it

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I found Tresiba better than Lantus because it doesn't cause nearly as many overnight lows as Lantus did for myself

Outlawe

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
I also found Tresiba a big improvement on Lantus especially as I can do just one injection which lasts through instead of the split dose Lantus which was giving me too many night time hypos.

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Tresiba lasts much longer in the system which can cause some issues in regards to it isn't as flexible as other insulins and any adjustments must be 3 days apart as that's how long any changes take to show, where some may reduce a basal dose due to increased exercise that isn't doable on Tresiba and for me at least the best solution is to reduce bolus doses for up to 24 hours after also not flexible if you find you need to increase basal for the likes of colds as by the time the increased took affect the chances are your could would be disappearing by then, I have no experience with any other basals as I was put straight onto Tresiba when I was diagnosed in 2016 xx