DAFNE course

Deefshka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve just completed a DAFNE course and just wanted to say wow what a fantastic course.

I’ve had type 1 diabetes for 33 years and was very sceptical about attending as I thought I knew the correct way to manage my diabetes but I can honestly say this course has been really beneficial, it has helped me to get my blood sugars within range and an improved hba1c as well.

Previously I was having highs and then lows then highs then lows, a constant vicious circle, this course helped me to understand how to treat a low blood sugar correctly and minimise having a high after, it also helped me to reduce the high but not have a low this for me was a massive eye opener and has stopped these from occurring.

The course is all about fine tuning your insulin and carbohydrate ratios and not acting too quickly as most fast acting insulin’s last for 4 hours so testing 2 hours after food as previously advised was of no benefit as that vicious circle I mentioned above will start.

The course is designed to allow you to live your life and be able to eat the foods you like so rather than allowing diabetes to control you, you can control diabetes.

This I’m sure appeals to a lot of type 1 diabetics.

The course was an interactive course that allowed me to learn from other type 1 diabetic’s experiences which was a massive improvement in any other courses I have attended.

So I’d like to say a huge thank you to PTHB for providing this course and suggest to anyone with type 1 diabetes to grab this opportunity to attend a very thorough and worthwhile course with both hands as it will improve your control drastically (Take it from someone who’s had diabetes for over 30 years)

localshop

I’ve just completed a DAFNE course and just wanted to say wow what a fantastic course.

I’ve had type 1 diabetes for 33 years and was very sceptical about attending as I thought I knew the correct way to manage my diabetes but I can honestly say this course has been really beneficial, it has helped me to get my blood sugars within range and an improved hba1c as well.

Previously I was having highs and then lows then highs then lows, a constant vicious circle, this course helped me to understand how to treat a low blood sugar correctly and minimise having a high after, it also helped me to reduce the high but not have a low this for me was a massive eye opener and has stopped these from occurring.

The course is all about fine tuning your insulin and carbohydrate ratios and not acting too quickly as most fast acting insulin’s last for 4 hours so testing 2 hours after food as previously advised was of no benefit as that vicious circle I mentioned above will start.

The course is designed to allow you to live your life and be able to eat the foods you like so rather than allowing diabetes to control you, you can control diabetes.

This I’m sure appeals to a lot of type 1 diabetics.

The course was an interactive course that allowed me to learn from other type 1 diabetic’s experiences which was a massive improvement in any other courses I have attended.

So I’d like to say a huge thank you to PTHB for providing this course and suggest to anyone with type 1 diabetes to grab this opportunity to attend a very thorough and worthwhile course with both hands as it will improve your control drastically (Take it from someone who’s had diabetes for over 30 years)
hahaha that sounds exactly like me!! I loved it too, glad we both found it beneficial. Although i messed up my QA dose for pancakes last night, had 10g carbs and injected for 100g :arghh:

Reactions: Deefshka

Deefshka

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Whoops that’s not good, but guess you had to eat more pancakes which is always a bonus

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Deefshka it sounds like you had a similar reaction to me after doing a DAFNE course. I was quite evangelistic and it was just like having lots of lightbulbs being switched on. Glad it has helped.