Abnormally high HBA1c

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Many thanks for your help regarding my illness it is really appreciated.
I have just done my reading before tea and it was an unbelievably 5.4 I have taken the tablets as instructed by the Dr. and in 2 hours I will check again. thanks again for the help. tea was fresh chicken mixed vegetables no potatoes no bread.
Just watch out for dropping too low and have hypo remedies at hand in case it looks like it’s going to drop too much. Then call your nurse and discuss reducing medications if that happens.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
You might soon find yourself in the enviable position of needing less medication - but don't try too hard - you have a really high Hba1c, and a slow and steady decrease would be prudent - eating low carb is very effective, I know, do wind down slowly.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There is an awful lot to get your head around. It will take time, don't worry.

I would recommend you read The Diabetes Code by Jason Fung. It's available on kindle. Dr Fung also has YouTube videos that are well worth a look.

Automon

Just watch out for dropping too low and have hypo remedies at hand in case it looks like it’s going to drop too much. Then call your nurse and discuss reducing medications if that happens.
I checked level as asked and before tea it was 5.4 after 2 hours it was 7.4 so it went up 2 I will again check tomorrow when I have something different ,thanks again

Automon

You might soon find yourself in the enviable position of needing less medication - but don't try too hard - you have a really high Hba1c, and a slow and steady decrease would be prudent - eating low carb is very effective, I know, do wind down slowly.
I think I may go overboard on the reducing carbohydrates but will keep on monitoring Thanks for your reply

Automon

There is an awful lot to get your head around. It will take time, don't worry.

I would recommend you read The Diabetes Code by Jason Fung. It's available on kindle. Dr Fung also has YouTube videos that are well worth a look.
Many thanks for the info will have a look once I get my head round this ailment.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Many thanks for the info will have a look once I get my head round this ailment.
This book will help you get your head around things.

Be careful about going overboard. I did. I got my numbers down from 122 to 35 in 4 months. I could have done damage to my kidneys. Fortunately it didn't happen. Do lots of reading. Ask lots of questions. Speak to your team about reducing carbs and medication. Not all HPCs are on board with LCHF.