What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A 6units of Toujeo300 insulin daily and 2000mg regular metformin fbg 6.2 :) :) :) with irregular corrective novarapid a few times a week.
C-peptide result is over 500 so not an obvious type1 but looking forward to next result after more weight loss.
Now I'm the same weight a London Professor granted IVF weight needed in the past, because of PCOS and under active thyroid.
So any other weight loss is a bonus.

Reactions: DJC3

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A much younger Mrs MC and a friends wife were walking behind me and my friend in Paris, my friend stopped me and said turn around a watch this. Mrs MC and girlfriend wearing light summer dresses walked over a vent from the Metro and whoosh what a Marilyn Monroe show. The funny thing was that a group of French lads had also stopped and turned around to watch with shouts of Hoolala not sure Mrs MC and friend were amused. :joyful:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Muddy Cyclist can you post a pic of Mrs MC's horse, please? or would that be too public?
I will sort one out but in the meanwhile here are two pastel drawings I did of Mrs MCs current horse a Palomino Haflinger and a horse we shared Chestnut Mare Sea Fever
IMG_2670.JPG

IMG_2669.JPG

Reactions: DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A much younger Mrs MC and a friends wife were walking behind me and my friend in Paris, my friend stopped me and said turn around a watch this. Mrs MC and girlfriend wearing light summer dresses walked over a vent from the Metro and whoosh what a Marilyn Monroe show. The funny thing was that a group of French lads had also stopped and turned around to watch with shouts of Hoolala not sure Mrs MC and friend were amused. :joyful:

:D for you, solidarity hug for Mrs MC and friend. :)

Reactions: Ryhia and jjraak

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5 point stars are difficult to draw, @SaskiaKC. I used to cheat and draw around 2 triangles at different angles to produce a 6 point star.:angelic:

When I told an artistic friend that I could not even draw a straight line or a circle, she said neither could she. I can draw six-point stars better than five-point ones.
And when I was 5, and in kindergarten, I taught myself to draw birds. :D

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
26--02-2020
Woke early
6.40am FBG 5.2
Yesterday was 5.9.
Unloaded and put away everything yesterday. Both tired so went to bed early, a mistake on my part as woke again at 12.45am and couldnt get back to sleep for couple of hours.
Somehow it's difficult to get stuck into kitchen painting again. Gloss paint never was my favourite thing.
So. Outside transplanting small trees instead. It looks like spring, with the sunshine, but it's very cold with hail showers.
The primrose have been out a while, but this is the first orchid.

20200226_181051.jpeg
20200226_173726.jpeg

Last edited:

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
The whole of my feet hurt @Cumberland with exactly the same whole range of pain sensations you mention.

It becomes agony when I lie down in bed. I am kicking the bedsheets in the night. I also kick the wall by the bed with my toes to try and make it hurt less. That does work for a few moments in that it changes the pain sensations to different ones... however I don't advise that though. I have probably diverted the original pain sensations into something different for a moment.

My toes are the worst affected.

My friend's father in law was diabetic, and had his feet amputated. But the pain didn't go. He couldn't understand why he could still feel the pain in his feet. He was told it was phantom pain.

It is almost like you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I can understand the dark thoughts and despair and dark places of hopelessness. I do go to bad places in my mind.

I have had this peripheral neuropathy in my toes for many years now. And trying to explain it to medical professionals who don't have one jot of understanding how bad it is, is soul destroying.

For me, my daily painting challenge to myself helps guide my mind to a better place. You wouldn't like the see my really dark paintings...I keep these large canvases in the garage.

I will offer you hugs from the unlimited basket of hugs I offer on here. I know it is woefully inadequate.

I’m so sorry for my very late reply to your post and sorry to read about your dreadful neuropathy and I sympathise with you @gennepher

I don’t kick the wall but I do stamp my feet as hard as I can and when the pain gets a really bad I swear ( in my thoughts) I mean I use awful words inside my mind.

I’ve tried Duloxatine, Amitriptilene, Gabapentin, Pregabalin all to no avail

What have you tried?

It’s making me feel miserable and it’s sad that I kind of accept it.

I feel so fed up and that’s a bit of an understatement

Unless you experience this dreadful condition then you have no idea how debilitating and painful this actually is.

Reading about the person you mentioned having their feet amputated yet still experiencing pain is for me totally soul destroying

I’m desperate for change but don’t see it happening

OMG don’t I sound hopeless, sorry

I’m seeing a psychiatrist because I’m so down in the dumps

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes I am happier now I have told them. So sorry about the cochlear problem and hope you can get it sorted out pronto. Can only imagine how annoying it is for you. Love the postcard you painted :)

I am glad @PenguinMum that you feel happier now over that.

They couldn't repair it, and didn't have a spare one, so I have to go back again next week, and have a yearly review at the same time.

It is very frustrating.

Thank you for the painting compliment.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher Thank you for posting your lovely painting. I also was interested to see your color chart.
I am fascinated by the pictures you and @muddycyclist post of your watercolor trays. I used to have some of those as a child and it is wonderful to see actual art produced from what, in my personal experience, only produced watery blobs of color.

@Muddy Cyclist can you post a pic of Mrs MC's horse, please? or would that be too public?

Thanks @SaskiaKC
I love seeing other painters' stuff as well.
Thank you for liking that wee little sketch.

Reactions: Ryhia and ianpspurs

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you @jjraak
I have to go back again next week, because they didn't have a spare or new one today. I am not a lover of technology today..

Thank you.

I am sorry they are causing problems for you. Technology can only perform as well as the technician does. Unfortunately.
I am feeling confused by the cable TV "technicians" today. But cable TV is nothing compared to a cochlear implant.
I know Popeye is at his post. Good cat.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Looks very exotic
There are hundreds of them . Am very pleased about that. Was concerned that mowing might eradicate them, but I think there are more this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: HarryBeau and DJC3

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m so sorry for my very late reply to your post and sorry to read about your dreadful neuropathy and I sympathise with you @gennepher

I don’t kick the wall but I do stamp my feet as hard as I can and when the pain gets a really bad I swear ( in my thoughts) I mean I use awful words inside my mind.

I’ve tried Duloxatine, Amitriptilene, Gabapentin, Pregabalin all to no avail

What have you tried?

It’s making me feel miserable and it’s sad that I kind of accept it.

I feel so fed up and that’s a bit of an understatement

Unless you experience this dreadful condition then you have no idea how debilitating and painful this actually is.

Reading about the person you mentioned having their feet amputated yet still experiencing pain is for me totally soul destroying

I’m desperate for change but don’t see it happening

OMG don’t I sound hopeless, sorry

I’m seeing a psychiatrist because I’m so down in the dumps

That's okay @Cumberland
Thank you.

The only medicine in your list I have tried is Amitriptyline. That might work for up to 5 minutes and then the pains return, and then that is worse than not using anything at all at that moment in time.

I did find something from Holland & Barrett some years ago that worked for peripheral neuropathy in my toes and feet. It was called 5-HTP. It was a powder in a capsule. It worked really well. I used it every night. But, one-day when I opened the bottle, the capsules were not there, they had now changed it to tiny white pills. It didn't work any more. I have no idea if they had changed the composition of it, but I imagine they must have done to make it into a tablet. I was bitterly disappointed. It was worse having found something that worked then having that taken away so to speak. It would have been better to have never found it in the first place because I had been given hope with that 5-HTP. I did try it from other sources, but none worked.

In the past I have worn flip flops in winter in snow because the cold killed the bad pain, and I have got out of bed at night just to stand in snow in my bare feet to kill that really bad neuropathy pain. That that is how bad the pain is. However, when the feet 'warm' up again from the cold freezing snow, that also hurts a lot, but that is a different kind of pain to the peripheral neuropathy. But I don't advise doing that. I was desperate for relief from the peripheral neuropathy. I don't do this now.

What do I do now? I accept it, accept that peripheral neuropathic pain. It is still there as much as ever before. I do use that Coleman's mustard I mentioned before. It does take some of the pain away. But the pain comes back after awhile. And that is more debilitating, because again that is worse than accepting the pain in the first place.

I agree, peripheral neuropathy is one of the worst pains you can have. Unless you are experiencing it, no one else can truly understand the intensity of it.

I am sorry, but I had to tell you about the person who had their feet amputated, and still continued to feel the peripheral pain as phantom pain. I realise you probably didn't want to know that.

No you don't sound hopeless. I can understand the desperation.
And the dark places you must visit in your mind because of it.

I think altering your state of mind is key to helping with the peripheral neuropathic pain. It doesn't mean you won't still have the naughty words moments (and the rest), but will help to a better mindset.

I have to admit if someone had suggested in the same words as I am trying to suggest to you in the above paragraph, then I would have given them short shrift. But I have reached that conclusion through my own efforts.

I hope you can find something of help and value you can take away from the psychiatrist you are seeing.

Reactions: Cumberland and DJC3