Type 1'stars R Us

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Water works for me, it might seem bizzare, but then Doctors have told me my body is strange anyway Im not of this earth! lol

Hmmmm, you need to stay hydrated and as Jaylee has said water will wash a bit of excess sugar out of your system, hence why we are thirsty when we are diagnosed, its your body trying to get rid of the excess sugar. As for reducing your BGs, it is highly doubtful. I would put that down to honeymoon period. BUT carry on drinking water

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

Ya girl sleepy but my purple eyeshadow palette has arrived. So I’m going to be spicy in purple. University hasn’t started for me but it’s giving me so much to worry about, like accommodations - parents want me on campus because I can get a house near the GP surgery but I’ve also been looking at places 10 mins away by bus, 20-30 min walk.

I had to correct a 13.3 this morning but I’m 6.7 now

Reactions: karen8967

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Mmm.... Methinks my Young Vampire has taken a few more leaps towards diabetes near-independence. The carb counting will always be needed to be done but Young Vampire did the inputting of the carbs and the dialing up of the dose correctly today with no help from me other than to check and record.

This makes me very happy as I've always said the best definition of my job in support is to do myself out of a job!!

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Have just returned home from my local hospital where I had an appointment at the Endocrine Centre. I walked in and knew something was up straight away because the waiting room was empty and there was no receptionist on duty.

So I went into the inner sanctum and wandered the hallways which were eerily quiet and eventually found a DSN I'd met before, who in turn found a clerical person to come and tell me that the clinic had been cancelled and she apologised for not telling me and not sending out a new appointment blah blah blah.

Now I'm a reasonable chap, most of the time and I do understand that mistakes get made, BUT I'd driven 30 miles from work to the hospital and had to grovel for time off (slight exaggeration) AND this is the second time it's happened.

So this probably hasn't done my glucose levels any favours if you know what I mean.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have just returned home from my local hospital where I had an appointment at the Endocrine Centre. I walked in and knew something was up straight away because the waiting room was empty and there was no receptionist on duty.

So I went into the inner sanctum and wandered the hallways which were eerily quiet and eventually found a DSN I'd met before, who in turn found a clerical person to come and tell me that the clinic had been cancelled and she apologised for not telling me and not sending out a new appointment blah blah blah.

Now I'm a reasonable chap, most of the time and I do understand that mistakes get made, BUT I'd driven 30 miles from work to the hospital and had to grovel for time off (slight exaggeration) AND this is the second time it's happened.

So this probably hasn't done my glucose levels any favours if you know what I mean.
My last appointment scheduled for a Tuesday at the start of this month was cancelled. It had already been moved from November to February, had bloods done the week before and had booked time off work. Appointment was for early p.m. Wife received a call at home at 10.30 to tell me appointment had been cancelled. Luckily she managed to get message to me.
Compared to you I was fortunate, but still a tad p’d off.

Razzamuffin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hmmmm, you need to stay hydrated and as Jaylee has said water will wash a bit of excess sugar out of your system, hence why we are thirsty when we are diagnosed, its your body trying to get rid of the excess sugar. As for reducing your BGs, it is highly doubtful. I would put that down to honeymoon period. BUT carry on drinking water
Hmm I hope its not a honeymoon phase because atm im happy with my low carb diet and my treats, and if honeymoon phase ends then im going to start panicing because I don't know what else to do to stay away from high BGL except starve to the point i will just end up eating my insulin LOL!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hmm I hope its not a honeymoon phase because atm im happy with my low carb diet and my treats, and if honeymoon phase ends then im going to start panicing because I don't know what else to do to stay away from high BGL except starve to the point i will just end up eating my insulin LOL!

You’ll eventually learn how to adjust insulin for high BGs, low BGs, carbs, exercise etc. Some people have found that their honeymoon phase causes a lot of issues like hypos. So you don’t need to starve, we don’t starve to stay away from high BG, we correct and go on about our day. Of course other things like illnesses can cause high BG so that needs extra medical attention.

Reactions: Razzamuffin

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Evening all! Great first day back on the road, dealing with broken bones, palliative care and drug addicts. After my initial spurt of unnecessary “help” from my liver first thing, I’ve been chugging along nicely in the 4s and 5s, with very little input from me. Nobody has even noticed I have T1, let’s see how long I can last without cottoning on :D

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm kind of pleased most people at church were distracted this evening (by some very sad news about the sudden, but not totally unexpected, death of one of our congregation) because I was 3.2 15 minutes before I was due to start playing the organ and therefore necking down Dextro tablets very rapidly at a point when some of the more traditional elderly members of my congregation, who are unaware of my insulin-dependent status, would've been outraged at me Eating Sweets In Church on Ash Wednesday!! Nor did they notice the munching of a Nakd bar during the 1st reading to make sure I stayed above 5.

I'm sure organ playing needs the 5 to drive rule!

I'm also just about to go and check on the damage caused by said Dextro tablets and Nakd bar.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm kind of pleased most people at church were distracted this evening (by some very sad news about the sudden, but not totally unexpected, death of one of our congregation) because I was 3.2 15 minutes before I was due to start playing the organ and therefore necking down Dextro tablets very rapidly at a point when some of the more traditional elderly members of my congregation, who are unaware of my insulin-dependent status, would've been outraged at me Eating Sweets In Church on Ash Wednesday!! Nor did they notice the munching of a Nakd bar during the 1st reading to make sure I stayed above 5.

I'm sure organ playing needs the 5 to drive rule!

I'm also just about to go and check on the damage caused by said Dextro tablets and Nakd bar.

Hi,

Sounds like the start of the second set to me? Pretty rock & roll. Though I tend to neck liquids, phat Coke or Lucozade.

That low you had was around 57mgdl? In metric.

I know this lot can't can't drive 55.. Neither can i.. ;)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

I cut my hair a tad shorter, a bit choppy but I got rid of 5 inches of hair. I thought a hair cut could mark a new journey with my job like new hair new me kind of thing. I went to bed early and I woke up feeling hungry so I’m going to feed myself and roll back to sleep like a cutie pig.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Woke at 1am feeling rough! Monitor agreed, ‘LO’ Downed 2 jelly babies and turned over. Woke on a 6 at 6am. Up early to travel to parents. Off to spring clean their kitchen.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Woke at 1am feeling rough! Monitor agreed, ‘LO’ Downed 2 jelly babies and turned over. Woke on a 6 at 6am. Up early to travel to parents. Off to spring clean their kitchen.
Hope you're OK now @becca59, what control to stop at 2 jelly bs:):angelic:
My madam BG was the opposite for me, no badge today. It's trying to snow.
Drive safely if the weather's bad where you are

Reactions: hh1 and porl69

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, some rather large funky snowflakes but mostly rain so I'm now cold and wet after my bike ride - at least I had the fore thought to bring some spare trousers with me today, my water proof over-trousers are somewhat just over trousers these days.

I'm wearing a 4 badge this morning - 4.3 before breakfast, 4.9 now just about 2hrs after. Been in range for 36+ hrs now - I might finally (after 20+ years) be getting the hang of this........:hilarious:

Stay safe everyone.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Morning all. Snow when I woke up, just a dusting BUT the start of things to come???
BGs a lot better last night bit of a wavey line between 6 and 9.

Razzamuffin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all. Snow when I woke up, just a dusting BUT the start of things to come???
BGs a lot better last night bit of a wavey line between 6 and 9.
Morning, all i see is dreary skys and rain lol

And same with the BGL i went up to 9.7
O.O

Reactions: porl69
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Afternoon guys, hope you are all well and keeping those BG's in line :)
Could possibly have a scammer on here, so best not to open the link.
A really busy morning so far, so just sat down for a cuppa, then lunch :hungry::)
Dinner might be a beef curry tonight :)

Reactions: SueJB

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not been getting enough sleep lately so had a lie-in this morning till 8 which has of course pushed everything back today. Didn't have to patrol for toads last night as it was too cold and the road was dry so they weren't moving. Because I do the second shift, the early shift still go out to check but since they saw not one toad in half an hour+ and the weather was only set to get colder, my shift were called off. But! because you have to be ready to go out I'd reduced my bolus for dinner last night (you walk all the time for two hours) then bg sky-rocketed and I spent the rest of the evening trying to catch up with myself.

Still, unlike lots of places the sun is shining here today and my puppy is behaving extremely well (in most things!) so I'm not complaining. Hope your day has some sunshine or at least no rain.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Some rain this morning, turning to snow, then the flakes got bigger and the children liked looking at the snow flakes. When we made a scheduled stop I wound the window down and put my hand out and snow flakes fell on the back of my hand and one of the children wanted to touch the snowflakes, but of course they melted, then glorious sunshine. so lovely :)

Reactions: SueJB and Marie 2