Help! Lost testing kit.

Cupcake29

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey all. I've lost my blood testing kit it's the contour next one. Without it i obviously cant see how much Insulin I need to take.. so I'm abit nervous about that. I've traced my tracks and cant find it at all.. diabetes clinic is shut I've called them.. I've called 111 so hoping they can help. Is there anything else I haven't done I need to do? I'd appreciate the help.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
You can buy a glucometer at most Pharmacy's even if it isn't a brand that you're used to using.

Reactions: Cupcake29

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can you get to a 24 hr chemist? You may have to purchase a replacement meter and strips to use until you can obtain a replacement meter.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Head to a local chemist and buy a new one til you can get a new prescription one. It can always act as a spare in future should this happen again. Or wait to see if the out of hours dr see can help?

Cupcake29

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Head to a local chemist and buy a new one til you can get a new prescription one. It can always act as a spare in future should this happen again. Or wait to see if the out of hours dr see can help?
Thankyou so much

Cupcake29

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thankyou

Cupcake29

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thankyou

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It's a good idea to have a back-up testing kit in case of problems. I keep a spare meter, finger pricker, test strips and batteries separately from my main testing kit. Hope you manage to get sorted :)

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Did you manage to buy a meter.
A cheap one will do until you get another contour