Testing alot

diabetic12yrs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi after a manic couple of months including a breakdown of which I'm only out if hospital a couple of days, I'm trying to get back on track.
However I'm still struggling getting insulin right. I am having lows every day but my numbers have been really good apart from that.
I'm still waiting to see the dietitian

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
Hopefully you can get back on track. There’s no issues with testing a lot. I’m thinking it’s better to know, than to be ignorant and not know. Knowing will help you get back on track!

And maybe seeing a doctor can get you some ideas that might help, like dosing advice, or maybe hardware options, or something. I always hope for something :)

Lynz84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey
Hope you are feeling stronger after being in hospital. Just take each day as it comes. I find if I have a few hypos I test quite a bit too. Theres no harm in it (though your fingertips may disagree).

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi after a manic couple of months including a breakdown of which I'm only out if hospital a couple of days, I'm trying to get back on track.
However I'm still struggling getting insulin right. I am having lows every day but my numbers have been really good apart from that.
I'm still waiting to see the dietitian

When are you getting your lows? is it a regular pattern? Like, say, after lunch every day??

Wayward Blood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What do you use to test your blood sugars? My DSN signed me up with a Freestyle Libre a few months ago, which has been fantastic for me. I've gone from rationing my test strips (testing 10-12 times a day) to being able to test whenever I want. Generally, I test between 35 and 50 times a day now. My Libre is NHS funded as well, so it's well worth a chat with your healthcare team to see what's available.

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Is there a patterns to the lows, so at the same time every day or are they just random throughout the whole day....?