A quick update and a thank you

pb0706

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening Everyone,

Just thought I would give you all a quick update after reaching out to the site for help.
A few weeks ago my wife posted a thread asking for help as she was at her wits end with my condition and in all honesty I was a pain to live with.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...of-someone-with-t2.171756/page-3#post-2211927

I've been following the Keto diet ever since reading the replies and suggestions. I've not felt this good in years, I've managed to bring down my mmol/l and past couple of mornings my levels which are normally high have started to come down.
I've got loads more energy and thankfully (my wife would say) my moods have drastically improved.
I've lost half a stone in weight and I've been enjoying my food. It's very rare that I feel hungry and can honestly say I am not missing anything that I cut out of my diet since starting Keto.
I'm due to get my bloods taken tomorrow (Tuesday) and then will book an appointment with my DN for either later this week or early next week. Be very interesting to see what she has to say.

We would like to thank everyone who has assisted and helped in helping me turn around my life. Without everyone of you we would still be stuck in a rut and not a clue how to get out.

Once again thank you all so much

M

Member496333

Fabulous! Please keep us updated on your progress. And of course stick around long term :smug:

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That is really good to read - having been bounding about like a tigger myself I know what a difference it makes.
You might find that you have a list of things to do - of the put up shelves clear out the garage sort from your wife - here's just a little nudge towards the dozen red roses shop, or a bouquet of spring flowers...

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Best post of the day!
I clearly remember @karenb1410 's first post, so happy things worked out well for you. Keep it up and don't forget to thank the wife :)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We would like to thank everyone who has assisted and helped in helping me turn around my life. Without everyone of you we would still be stuck in a rut and not a clue how to get out.
You've (well with the wife too) done all the hard work though we simply point in the right direction.
Many congratulations and keep it up (ooer)....you owe it to her.. if you get my drift..!

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
awaithing Tuesday's post with bated breath :)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brilliant news! I would love to be a fly on the wall at your Nurse appt!

mouseee

That's so good to hear! Well done for listening to your wife! Lol. My husband only sometimes listens to my excellent advice!!

Rosiegough_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Evil beings. Destroying our beautiful Planet X
That’s totally amazing xx

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I always love these types of stories- it is always great to hear good news and the dawn of hope that this condition does not need to be progressive.