Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Re: Type 2's : What was your fasting blood glucose in a morn

After a gap in testing it has not improved:
  • 6.4 fasting
  • 6.9 @ 3.5 hours as I forgot to test afterwards :shock:

Grazer

6.0 for me, which is about as good as I ever get. 6.6 last night before bed, and again can never get that lower, even if I don't eat for many hours and just have a salad for tea! Fortunately, I seem to make up for it after brekky, with readings in the 5's and sometimes 4's, even after big cereal breakfasts. Still jealous of those who get fasting figures really low, means they've been at good levels all night.

benniesmum

Dislikes
My Doc right now

After a bad run earlier this year, when I was getting frequent readings over 8, I've now lost a stone in weight and cut back the carbs. This morning I got my first reading below 6 in 5 months. Weyhey!

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.

5.7 this morning with 6.2 two hours post-breakfast.

I've lost 2 stone + 5 lbs since 1 July and my fasting levels have come down from the high 7's. I hope as I lose more weight they'll drop some more.

Ann19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

6.0 fasting and 5.1 2 hours after breakfast.

Ann

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.

5.3 fasting.

I get my HbA1c results today *crosses fingers*

Grazer

I was 6.8 this morning :( :x despite being 5.6 :D when I went to bed. All I have is half a small glass of milk when I go to bed. I'm wondering if that causes it. What do you think? Might ask this as a "question" on the forum.

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia

Grazer said:
I was 6.8 this morning :( :x despite being 5.6 :D when I went to bed. All I have is half a small glass of milk when I go to bed. I'm wondering if that causes it. What do you think? Might ask this as a "question" on the forum.

Dreaming about chocolate Hobnobs?

In all seriousness, I used to dream about eating cakes and biscuits before waking up with a banging "false hypo" headache. I think it's my body telling me that it wants more carbs.

markd

4.1 - but I had a large Martini not too long before bed...

didie

Dislikes

5.3 fasting

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC

FBG 4.9 8)

and down two wheelchair sizes :mrgreen:

Bob

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.

Morning all!

After about 3 weeks of slackening my leash a little, I'm getting back into routine.

5.7 at 08:00 today.

The most interesting experiment over the last week was the day I ate a little box of Guylian chocolates (6 chocs - 65g in total) all in one go! :oops: BG 2 hours later - 5.9. Later that day I had a small portion of white pasta in a ready-meal (total carbs about 50g) 2 hours later BG was 7.2!

Viv 8)

Dougie22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other

I've been having a poor week, eating too much rubbish.

I think this cold isn't helping (that's my excuse for the eating, anyway).

Either that or the cold weather. I've been wanting comfort foods (carbs and fats) all week.

Fasting from Monday.... 7.4, 7.7, 7.5, 7.7, 7.4.........not very good for me, I'm afraid.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.

Dougie, don't despair! Having a cold will put your BGs up a bit - don't worry about it, concentrate on getting better! (Don't go mad! :wink: )

Didie, the drop in you HbA1c is great! Well done you! Think how good your next one will be, with all these 5s you're getting :D

Viv 8)

NewdestinyX

5.8 for me today.. A little higher than I like -- but I'll take it!!

didie

Dislikes

Thanks Viv :) My doctor told me I was an inspiration which was very nice. She thinks if I lose another 10lbs - one stone my sugars will go back down to pre-diabetic levels, but we'll see. I've lost 2 stone 5 lbs so far and have gone down from a size 22 to 16 which I am delighted with.

My fasting bloods this morning were 5.4 and at 2 hours post-breakfast were 6.2. My 2 hour levels are always higher on days I work because low level stress ups my sugar levels. On Monday I'm meant to be having my eyes checked so my levels will be through the roof I think as I really don't think I can let them dilate my eyes. The thought of it makes me seriously panic.

*ends ramble*

didie

Dislikes

5.8 fasting + 5.8 two hours post-breakfast + exercise.

Dougie22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other

Chips on the way home last night at 10pm, 8.0 this morning. What did I expect. Experiment over!

Terminator 2

5.7 pre-bed, had a small glass of S/S Milk, awoke at 8am to a BG reading of 6.1

9.3 2hr after breakfast (testing out the effects of one of those variety packs of Cornflakes).

markd

Splashed out on a big jam doughnut at tea yesterday; 5.6 at bedtime, but down to 4.2 this morning.

Did have a couple of drinks before bed though, that always seems to knock it down by a few points.

Status
Not open for further replies.