What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Karen, pump working well for me 95% in target range, ypsopump steel cannulas work great for me, if you're happy with pens and you have no issue's I would stick to pens, did have a pump holiday for a few days but results were not so good. X
ive got much better control on the pens phil just a bit of dp of a morning but comes down quick enough once i do a correction glad your happy with your pump ,my consultant said the pump was not for everyone and it seems im 1 of them (typical me);)but has given me the option to try a tubed pump if i want to but for now i dont think i will xx

surdoux

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Idiots
6.8 today, which is actually the lowest figure I've had so far. Not quite ready to put the flags out yet, not that I've got any flags upon my person anyway, but it's a start.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Trending down nicely @Pipp
Thanks for the encouragement, @Mike D . It helps.
Though there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it all. I have had a low carb breakfast, and a brisk walk, but it is currently 8.5. This has been going on for ages. If I catch early BG level it can be low 6, then rises to 7s before I eat, another increase following exercise, then falls after lunch to low 5s.
A steroid injection a few weeks ago sent numbers soaring into double figures for a while, and I am hoping that is the reason for HbA1c of 51, which I am not happy about, but plodding on, and avoiding steroids if possible.