Freestyle libre sensor issues

steveo4

I'm having major issues with the current sensor I'm using. I scanned earlier just before lunch and it read 7.2 with the arrow level. I knew this had to be wrong as I felt really low. When I did a finger prick test it was 3.3. That is a major difference in readings. I know that the sensor readings are 15 minutes behind the actual finger prick reading but even so it should not be this far out. Has anybody else noticed a big difference in their readings. I phoned the helpline and they're going to replace the sensor.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Has anybody else noticed a big difference in their readings. I phoned the helpline and they're going to replace the sensor.
Sometimes they do just fail, like anything electronic, I haven't had many fail in the 3 years I've been using them though.

Tonto73

Libre is a good thing but I’m finding Dexcom better. Libre 2 has been announced almost 9 months ago and still not shipping in the UK. I too found the results way out of what with BGM sometimes when I’m Libre. Dexcom seems more consistent (allowing for the 20 min lag between blood and interstitial)

Canuck3618

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm having major issues with the current sensor I'm using..
Did it occur to you to check the Libre measurement 15 minutes after the prick test? That should have been done before your filed your complaint. BG levels can change significantly in 15 minutes. That's why in a low blood sugar situation you take 15 grams of juice and CHECK YOUR BG LEVEL AGAIN IN 15 MINUTES.

Reactions: KK123