Type 2 Coffee and...?

Chatterbox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Feeling hungry! “Should you be eating that?” “ You get it because you eat wrong”
Meeting a friend for coffee on Monday. I always like something to eat with it cake wise. I am liable to go for millionaire’s shortbread (big mistake).Any suggestions? What do you have with yours?

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Cheescake and insulin ;)

Reactions: karen8967

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Meeting a friend for coffee on Monday. I always like something to eat with it cake wise. I am liable to go for millionaire’s shortbread (big mistake).Any suggestions? What do you have with yours?

Hi,

You seem to be listed as "insulin dependant?" Your meds on your profile is metformin. Then you have a profile comment of,
"Type 2. Diet 'controlled' Ha!"

Clarifying how your diabetes is managed may help regarding the advice received..

image.png

Ellenor2000

Hi,

You seem to be listed as "insulin dependant?" Your meds on your profile is metformin. Then you have a profile comment of,

Clarifying how your diabetes is managed may help regarding the advice received..

View attachment 39139
I don't know, maybe they mean diet controlled but so poorly they should be using insulin?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
1831EE22-2530-4658-BA9D-38BE48B1FD9A.jpeg
Hi,

View attachment 39139
It seems the known forum glitch is in play here. I don’t see insulin dependent on @Chatterbox ’s avatar.
Chatterbox if you could go into your personal details and click on the other ‘type 2’ in the list the issue should be resolved.

As for your cake enquiry, I’ve never found any sweet treat in a coffee shop that doesn’t contain a huge amount of sugar and carbs. I always have a low carb protein bar in my bag. There’s two different makes I get Phd Smart bars or Carb Killa bars. They are sweetened with Polyols rather than sugar. Polyols do raise some people’s blood sugar though. I’m one of the lucky ones who can tolerate them. It might be worth giving them a try see if you tolerate them too.

Edited to add screen shot.

D

Deleted member 308541

Hi,

Note the time difference, top & centre on the latests screen shot, after a refresh seeing the notification, @Rachox Something odd.
Hence my empathy with Urb's response. But reluctance to personally say no more... :)
I see insulin dependant t2 as well @Jaylee...

BrianTheElder

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Snide people
It depends on which coffee shop, but some sell small bags of plain nuts that shouldn't do too much harm. It's always nice to have a little something with the coffee.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

OK? Let's try to be constructive here.. I love coffee. :)

Usually the conversation in catchup with a friend is good enough. (Done this recently.)

Most pubs do coffee along with food. You could order something tasty like a "naked burger," & open up a whole new topic with your friend on how you are trying to manage BGs..? (Though, don't monopolise it.)
Lol, pending on med prescription status. ;):)

Chatterbox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Feeling hungry! “Should you be eating that?” “ You get it because you eat wrong”
Thank you all. It has been aaaages since I’ve been on here and I’m just finding my way around. ( please be patient). I’m on Metformin but being advised to use those none insulin weekly tummy jabs.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Make it brunch and have bacon and egg?

Chatterbox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
How do I get into ‘Personal Details’ on the App, please?

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Chatterbox,

When I am out and about, I often take some Babybel cheese, some low-carb nuts and some high cocoa content chocolate with me. These seem to affect my blood sugar levels very little.

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
To be honest, i can go for the biscotte or half a piece of nutty granola bar. Both are low enough carbs for me to process fine. I need to avoid the cakes and really sweet things, but i have tested the nutty granola bars and they are fine for me.

totally depends on your situation, if your on Keto or are very sensitive to carbs then not having anything is better.

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I like coffee with more coffee.
Failing that, coffee with espresso shots in the coffee.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How do I get into ‘Personal Details’ on the App, please?

Hi,

I don't use the app. It maybe easier to log in using your browser & amend the details on your account from there?

Oddly, you're only down as "insulin-dependant" when I'm logged in..

Enjoy your coffee meet up!:)

Chatterbox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Hi Jaylee. I hope that insulin dependant’ is not the tale of things to come as I’m having trouble getting to grips with Metformin and wind!!! LOL

I’ll log in on the website and change stuff. Thanks to all for replies and ideas. X