COVID 2019 Comorbidity with Diabetes

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
. I mix mine with baking soda, as recommended by Linus Pauling.
This was the quote, and I normally wouldn't link it, but Linus Pauling does seem to have form regarding this

Amazon if any one is considering buying some

francesk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
The only thing that worries me a little bit about the Corona virus is if my partner gets it. He's 82, with COPD, and always finds damp weather impacts on his chest. So he is sensibly staying indoors, not mixing with crowds and living on a diet of cups of tea, normal food and all the cricket he can find on TV!

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
jjraak, vitamin C is often made with corn so I like that yours is "non-gmo". :)

Stuarthmfc

be interesting to see how we see this is being reported around the world
guessing most governments are ok saying X is not as good as us, type thing

here is our news of the day

It’s this kind of reporting that’s creating all the anxiety. Saying there could be 50,000 deaths a day! At that level you think you or anyone you know could be part of it.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
and a good reason to keep your personal information highway clear and open to other avenues.
we, like the news outlets aggregate the news feeds we receive and evaluate based on numbers/authority/credentials/
and sometimes just a gut feeling that what we are hearing or seeing doesn't tally up.

And as you point out, that does seem out of range

( was hoping really to see the world view via local news of the UK, if i'm honest.
i seem to know more about the Italian responses and issues then my friend who is actually there, teaching.
A different view of how well/badly we are doing, sort of thing )

I'm watching the US news with the testing kits saga, and they seem to be dropping the ball, a little bit

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Unfortunately, that assessment is based on highly questionable/contrived data from China.
If you had been following this 6 weeks long, informative thread...
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1223887384892313600.html

WOW..some read.

guy predicts course of international cases mar 1st
ESA4KemXUAI2jDp.png

mar 3

ESNQ3QzXsAA5R0g.png

will re-read later.

cheers for posting

Last edited:
Reactions: Debandez

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can I have a simple explanation of what the guy is saying in the link please? I don't understand the maths or the graphs.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I believe that he is suggesting figures are being manipulated to express a standard of infection rate, that attempts to look like the virus is completely under control with the existing measures...

I think his suggestion is the figures are manufactured..And
The rates are far higher.

His graphs predict the rise as far higher then officially quoted...

And in tandem with data given by the CCP.. He predicted a trajectory that..
SHOULD be taking place.
And the trajectory that WOULD be given out.
IF his suspicions were correct.

Weirdly he matched almost the predicted course of data being given out by the CCP
Which he argues is the manipulated figures

Last edited:

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can I have a simple explanation of what the guy is saying in the link please? I don't understand the maths or the graphs.
I think @jjraak is correct but whatever he is saying makes no difference to whether you or I will get the virus.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think @jjraak is correct but whatever he is saying makes no difference to whether you or I will get the virus.
I have respiratory and immune system issues. Knowing my risk helps me make decisions about how to do things. And when or if to self isolate to reduce my risk.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I believe that he is suggesting figures are being manipulated to express a standard of infection rate, that attempts to look like the virus is completely under control with the existing measures...

I think his suggestion is the figures are manufactured..And
The rates are far higher.

His graphs predict the rise as far higher then officially quoted...

And in tandem with data given by the CCP.. He predicted a trajectory that..
SHOULD be taking place.
And the trajectory that WOULD be given out.
IF his suspicions were correct.

Weirdly he matched almost the predicted course of data being given out by the CCP
Which he argues is the manipulated figures
so is the truth worse or better in his opinion?

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have respiratory and immune system issues. Knowing my risk helps me make decisions about how to do things. And when or if to self isolate to reduce my risk.
If I were you I would make my decisions based on the actual number of cases in the UK and in particular near you, rather than statistical analysis of the situation in China.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/925681#vp_3

Whether someone with diabetes succumbs to infection has a lot to do with glycemic control, diabetes duration, and diabetes-related comorbid conditions, such as heart disease, kidney disease, and stroke, as well as their age, weight, and whether they smoke.​

Chan further clarified: "We have to judge this case by case. You cannot apply it across the board to all people with diabetes. A person with well-controlled diabetes is very different from someone with poorly controlled diabetes. They have a different set of risk factors and complications."

And an interesting commentary from a Facebook group
4D448028-55D0-4758-9116-CEEA193C6CD2.jpeg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
so is the truth worse or better in his opinion?

Tbh we really don't know at the moment and I have the feeling we wont be told the full picture, until........................
Be vigilant, be aware of what is going on, keep updated, have really good hygiene in place, ie washing hands with hot soapy water, no hugging or excessive touching of other's.
We should all hope for the best, but not to panic, opinions can be wrong.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
My local supermarket, very near to my home, was heaving today. Many shelves were empty, including the liquid soap aisle and no antibacterial hand gel, even though a sign said, only two per customer, sorry for the inconvenience.
Vitamin C tablets, empty too.
A lady from our local paper was at the Hand gel aisle and we spoke, she took a photo of us both in front of the empty soap/gel aisle and was asking me questions about my views on what was going on.