What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have been MIA for a few days. Off work sick with a mystery virus since Wednesday and eating very erratically.

Very much in need of comfort foods and aside from a large t-bone yesterday, picking on an assortment of cold meats, cheese, cream, almond butter, nuts and dark chocolate. Ventured out yesterday and got some Schneider Brot bread from Asda. Very long time since I’ve had that (7.9g carb/2 slices) and with a decent slab of butter on top a slice really hits the spot.

Hopefully a restful weekend will see off the lurgy and normal eating can resume.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Early breakfast again - Spanish style omelette with chunks of lamb, onion and squash. FBG was 7.1.

No lunch

Current BG is 5.3. It's sunset now so I'll be having some roasted butternut squash (using it up before it goes off) with some more beef stew from the freezer.

Not going out this evening - had to make a choice between this evening and tomorrow. Can't manage both days. I was already thinking that, but Neil reinforced the thought yesterday because he sees the state I get into after doing more than I should. So - this week, it will be Saturday but not Friday.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Today was tea with almond milk and 1 very large mug with cream. 1 CWC with SF caramel syrup. @Goonergal I hope the virus clears soon and thanks for the pickled onions link and letting me know Asda still stock Schneider Brot.

Reactions: maglil55

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Today was usual brekkie after a disappointing FBG.
Lunch as soup and a chunk of cheese.
I tested early evening and it was 1.0 higher than normal so not great.
Supper is my version Teriyaki and Ginger chicken with extra ginger and some garlic. The plan is Mr PM just in will have it with jasmine rice and cauli rice for me.
A gin & soda being enjoyed to toast OBB but also its Friday.

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
breakfast; h/m pecan granola, one slice burgen with butter
lunch: mini samosa, celery, cream cheese, pepperoni, cherry tomato, cucumber. Five cherries, slice of h/m low carb dark chocolate coconut flour cake, cream
tea: lo dough pizza and garlic bread
snacks: hotel chocolat 85% batons:happy:, packet of doritos!!!!!!:(*

*amazingly still under my carb limit

Reactions: DJC3 and ziggy_w

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening. Just black coffee and water until about 2pm then hastily scoffed the remaining 1/2 of yesterday’s LoDough quiche. It was better today.
Dinner was https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-pesto-chicken-casserole it’s not one of my favourites ( I’m sort of on Mr Maglil’s side there @maglil55 )but the rest of the family love it. Glass of red now.

I cooked a whole chicken in the IP for another dish later in the week. Shredded the meat into a bowl and left it cooling on the side. Granddaughter just told me that Melody the Gt Dane had snaffled a bit. I forgot she could reach the kitchen counter. Now the quandary is - do I just carry on as if nothing had happened? She is quite a slobbery dog which is a bit of an unappetising thought.
@Goonergal hope you soon feel a bit better, comfort food very much the order of the day I think. I haven’t tried this Schneider Brot but the carb count is pretty good so I’ll look out for it.
@Antje77 hope you’ve had a good birthday.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope you’ve had a great day @Antje77 !
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: left over Mediterranean veggies with grated extra strong cheddar followed by Greek yoghurt, coffee chia pudding and LC chocolate granola.
Mid afternoon: 2 x dark chocolate brazils with a black coffee.
Dinner: cold garlic chicken with cauliflower and broccoli salad, coleslaw and pork scratchings followed by SF jelly, cream and macadamia and coconut keto granola.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 think in my case the Great Dane may end up with the rest of chicken but I’m easily put off! Maybe you could wash it?
@Goonergal mystery virus especially worrying at the moment with news constantly about the corona virus - treats definitely order of the day. I’m finding news even more depressing than normal. I’m also being affected by the panic buying related to the virus - my autistic son has rituals which need supplies of a lot of the things that are disappearing from the shelves. He also has ocd and so most weeks gets through a lot of hand wash, gel and toilet paper! So it was stressful yesterday to find we couldn’t buy his weekly supplies. I also had an online delivery booked today and hoped could get them from that but surprise suprise they were listed as missing items! Very difficult....... ........
I was working today on PC and bored so definitely ate much more than usual for distraction / consolation rather than hunger! Sun was shining and so wanted to be out there rather than indoors.
Breakfast two boiled eggs and half a toasted chaffle
Lunch cheese and celery followed by dd lc nut and seed bars - two eaten
Mid pm two squares of 95% chocolate with mugs of black tea
Dinner sea bream in lemon and chervil butter with cauliflower cheese and two glasses of dry white followed by oppo ice cream salted caramel and chocolate with dollop of cream.
Working tomorrow too so may well be another three meal day!

Reactions: maglil55

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 think in my case the Great Dane may end up with the rest of chicken but I’m easily put off! Maybe you could wash it?
@Goonergal mystery virus especially worrying at the moment with news constantly about the corona virus - treats definitely order of the day. I’m finding news even more depressing than normal. I’m also being affected by the panic buying related to the virus - my autistic son has rituals which need supplies of a lot of the things that are disappearing from the shelves. He also has ocd and so most weeks gets through a lot of hand wash, gel and toilet paper! So it was stressful yesterday to find we couldn’t buy his weekly supplies. I also had an online delivery booked today and hoped could get them from that but surprise suprise they were listed as missing items! Very difficult....... ........
I was working today on PC and bored so definitely ate much more than usual for distraction / consolation rather than hunger! Sun was shining and so wanted to be out there rather than indoors.
Dinner sea bream in lemon and chervil butter with cauliflower cheese and two glasses of dry white followed by oppo ice cream salted caramel and chocolate with dollop of cream.
Hug is for the caring being made so much more complicated not the menu.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Have been MIA for a few days. Off work sick with a mystery virus since Wednesday and eating very erratically.

Very much in need of comfort foods and aside from a large t-bone yesterday, picking on an assortment of cold meats, cheese, cream, almond butter, nuts and dark chocolate. Ventured out yesterday and got some Schneider Brot bread from Asda. Very long time since I’ve had that (7.9g carb/2 slices) and with a decent slab of butter on top a slice really hits the spot.

Hopefully a restful weekend will see off the lurgy and normal eating can resume.

Hug for the virus - miserable at any time, worse in winter and thought provoking when NHS is talking about being under strain due to this other virus. Comfort is recommended for virus misery.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

The more I hear about some of these big dogs, the more I am glad that I no longer have a dog. DIL's Great Dane, while still a pup, ate holes in the washing on the line when they lived with us. And even while still under a year old, it was huge! It had been the runt of the litter, but it soon made up for lost time. It wouldn't have left any of the chicken behind to wonder about.

D

Deleted member 308541

Breakfast: Usual cheese omelette, bacon, spudlite.
Lunch: Cold meat and kimchi salad in a low carb wrap.
Dinner: Pork chops, veggies, pan juice gravy.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugars, water.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

Sorry to hear of your problems getting supplies for your son. It must be a worry. I imagine that all those people now buying up hand wash don't usually have it in the house, but why all the toilet rolls? Doesn't make sense, the corona virus doesn't cause diarhorrea or anything like it. Maybe it is for use as tissues. I sent Neil out today to get in his usual weekly shop a bit early, I must admit - only one local shop stocks his brand of soya milk (he can't/won't use any other brand) and they only hold a small stock, which often runs out. Without it, he would starve because his asperger's makes him very stubborn.

Reactions: DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Goonergal - hope you get clear of the virus soon. @shelley262- glad to hear your bridge is open again and hopefully life will get easier again. I cannot understand this panic buying. It does seem silly some of the things they are buying up. I'll find out tomorrow if the same silliness is happening here. @DJC3 - Potato? Seriously? The kids really enjoy the dressing up. It does tend to be a quite surreal day sometimes.
Thursday - bed 5.2 FBG 5.7. Not a lot of food today as I ended up running about a lot!
B. TAG and a 1/4 of the remaining frittata from yesterday.
L. Off to Aqua then straight to physio trying to bypass the many roadworks. It's becoming nigh on impossible to get about with them all trying to spend their budget before the year end. Quick dash back, another 1/4 of frittata then out again to the 1st school pick up. After getting both boys gave them dinner then off again to get eldest to his appointment, amuse No 2 for 1 hr before getting them all home, pick up Hubby before he decided he wanted something from a chip shop!
I ended up warming 1/2 a smoked sausage in the microwave and I made the drastic mistake of eating 6 of Hubby's chips. I didn't even enjoy them and it sent my BGs up to 10. At least by bed time it came down to 7.2.
Today - back to normal. Bed 7.2 FBG 5.5 so no lasting effect.
B. TAG
L. After feeding the boys I had the last of the frittata. Off to swimming with the boys for a couple of hours.
D. Had to change it about a bit. I ended up with that wild red shrimp from Iceland. The one with chilli and tomato. I added spinach, mushroom and 4 chopped santini tomatoes and cauliflower rice. Had some of the Skyr later. Oddly I was 6 before dinner and it dropped all the way to 4.9 over the next few hours. @Annb - as you said there is no logic to it.
Time for bed I reckon.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks all for the good wishes - sure the virus will pass. I just get very frustrated as I’m not used to being ill and cooped up. Makes me grumpy.

@DJC3 I have heard that dog saliva is antibacterial so perhaps the Great Dane did you a favour :D
@shelley262 sorry to hear about the extra difficulties caused by panic buying
@Jollymon crab legs sound good

Just enjoying my morning tea with cream and salt and feeling unusually hungry for this time in the morning.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

@Goonergal -- Hope you feel better soon. Empathize with feeling cooped up.
@ANTJE -- Happy belated birthday. Sounds as if you were having a great day.
@shelley262 -- Hugs for the problems with stockouts on your son's favorite items.
@DJC3 -- reminds me of the time (about 40 years ago) when the cat stole a cutlet out of the frying pan, my grandmother then chasing the cat through the flat and after 5 minutes returning with the half eaten cutlet, washing it and putting it back in the pan. Surprisingly, no one in the family really wanted the half-eaten cutlet for dinner (and the cat ended up with it after all).

Yesterday: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: Flatbread (using the DD keto roll recipe) topped with sour cream, fresh spinach, gorgonzola, garlic and olive oil and then grilled.

Dinner: Out for wine, upon getting home a bunless Bing King XXL.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello All
Yesterday’s supper was going to be something using chicken thighs but Imhad a complete blank. Went through my cupboard and decided on a sachet of Teriyaki sauce and added fresh ginger and garlic. Mixed together, covered and roasted in the oven. Was very tasty, Mr PM liked it, he had rice, I had cauli rice. This morning FBG was 6.6 yikes!
Tonight for me will be a lamb chop and brocolli, much safer.
Will try and eat as little as possible in the meantime.