Lowish carb breakfast cereal

Lucylemonpip

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi

Just thought I’d share these pics and info on a breakfast cereal that I discovered yesterday in Sainsbury’s. The carb amount per 40g is 5.9 and 14.8 per 100g.

I used 20g, and added almond milk, some chopped almonds, chia seed, psyllium husk and ground flaxseed, with a dash of cream and some sweetener.

FAF4CCD4-2806-47E6-B05B-856E292112FD.jpeg
F4CDEA52-30B2-4BCE-8592-C823F91C426D.jpeg

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Too high carb for me. Google keto granola or keto granola bars, loads of recipes online.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
They look yum, I think somebody else posted about this brand. I did actually get some but I've not tried it yet! Thanks for posting, I love it when people find something new and let others know and let's face it, not everybody is keto. x

Reactions: Robinredbreast
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I see it's gluten free which is helpful and lower in carbs, I see the top ingredient is coconut, which I'm not keen on and I haven't eaten breakfast cereals for many years. How much is it please ?
TIA

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi

Just thought I’d share these pics and info on a breakfast cereal that I discovered yesterday in Sainsbury’s. The carb amount per 40g is 5.9 and 14.8 per 100g.

I used 20g, and added almond milk, some chopped almonds, chia seed, psyllium husk and ground flaxseed, with a dash of cream and some sweetener.

View attachment 38955 View attachment 38956

Did you test your BG afterwards ?

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
If 40g is a portion, then that seems reasonable at under 6 g carbs.