Type 1'stars R Us

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm beginning to doubt the efficacy of my Lantus - I'm now seeing a long slow rise in the morning. It's either that or something to do with sites. Hmmmm.

Lantus, is an odd one. I've noticed it's efficiency deplete 2/3 down the cartridge? & drop me down 3am & or 3pm.
(Normally inject 11pm.)

I'm up for a medication review, week after next with an endo. DSN has already phoned & thumbed up Tresiba. I'm hoping to get Libres thrown into the deal too?

Been self funding them nearly a year. & added a MM back in January.
Lol, still having to scan for Librelink as my HCPs haven't caught onto XDrip yet..

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Afternoon all

Coronavirous!!!!! Hmmmm not too sure on this. Social media is obviously HUGE now and people often piost pics up of their dinner or when they are in hospital with DKA or a broken leg. Does anyone know anyone who has covid 19 OR has seen a selfie on social media saying "In hospital with Covid19"?....nope not seen 1.......just putting it out there

Reactions: Mad76 and hh1

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Well! On autopilot after my shower, I look down at the insulin pen in my hand and realise I am injecting rapid acting insulin instead of long acting.

So have taken twice what I normally take for breakfast and am now sitting at home checking my levels every 1/2 hr as I obviously cannot do the 90minute drive to work (can you sense my sadness :)) until I know I'm safe.

And after a very low carb meal last night I had the pleasure of waking up with a glucose level of 5.0 so not even the cushion of high morning glucose to rely on - what a numpty.:banghead:

I did the same last week. I felt such a numpty! !

Then to cap it this morning I woke up to a 16.0 swore, corrected etc. Then realised an hour later I should 've gone with my gut instinct and retested. Oh well.....

Reactions: urbanracer

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon all

Coronavirous!!!!! Hmmmm not too sure on this. Social media is obviously HUGE now and people often piost pics up of their dinner or when they are in hospital with DKA or a broken leg. Does anyone know anyone who has covid 19 OR has seen a selfie on social media saying "In hospital with Covid19"?....nope not seen 1.......just putting it out there

In isolation on a ward..
A ventilator working hard
There's diarrhea to, but that's OK
The staff in hazmat suites are quite friendly
To the point where they took my phone away
For duration of the stay....

Just a statistic on a board
Whist others stack bog rolls, masks & hoard.
For the comming of apocalypse
& some wash their hands & keep a meter well apart
Avoiding resteraunts, pubs & parks...

That's the sound.... Of Coronavirus... .. :singing:

Last edited:

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just had to justify my 4 pots of Alpro Plain yogurts in a supermarket which has a limit of 3 for all items at the moment. They were on special offer at 2 for £2.00. I routinely buy 4 at a time.... I think a quiet evening self-isolating from other people is a Jolly Good idea.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just had to justify my 4 pots of Alpro Plain yogurts in a supermarket which has a limit of 3 for all items at the moment. They were on special offer at 2 for £2.00. I routinely buy 4 at a time.... I think a quiet evening self-isolating from other people is a Jolly Good idea.

What was the plan with the yoghurt? o_O
Smear some around your mouth giving the appearance of "rabies," thus taking their minds of COVID19..? :hilarious:;)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
3 hours in and fairly stable. Strangely, I have found that injecting 12 units in my leg has kept my levels flatter than 6 units in my stomach. Although I've consumed more carbs to compensate I am still surprised by the outcome.
Do you not normally use your legs for bolus i find when i inject into legs my insulin works a lot faster

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon all

I definitely feel that it’s all being over hyped and is verging on blatant scaremongering. The media should be held accountable for how they are reporting the current situation.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Do you not normally use your legs for bolus i find when i inject into legs my insulin works a lot faster

I normally inject my basal in my legs and bolus in my stomach. But I used Mix25 for several years and always in the legs. When i went on to MDI the medics suggested bolus in the stomach and basal in the legs so that's what I've done so far. But I'm having a little rethink after today.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
What was the plan with the yoghurt? o_O
Smear some around your mouth giving the appearance of "rabies," thus taking their minds of COVID19..? :hilarious:;)

Same as always. It's what I have for breakfast! 4 pots - 2 weeks worth of breakfasts.

Last edited:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I definitely feel that it’s all being over hyped and is verging on blatant scaremongering. The media should be held accountable for how they are reporting the current situation.

Well? They won't take me at work with my snotty nose..

So I've been reading about the idea of training "sniffer dogs" to suss out the virus on mumsnet.. :hilarious:

Reactions: Marie 2

Razzamuffin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Idiot's took everything off the shelves welp atleast i know if some sort of apocalypse was happening id be one of the first ones to go LOL

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I'm a basal in the leg, bolus in the tum guy myself.

Except when wearing shorts. & oddly enough. In scenarios of eating out on holiday? This sort of magic can happen..

There needs to be a change in what is publicly acceptable regarding dropping trousers for insulin administration. ;)
@Jaylee I'm interested because I only use my tum and I think it's getting sore.Does it hurt more in the leg?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jaylee I'm interested because I only use my tum and I think it's getting sore.Does it hurt more in the leg?

Hi,

If a jab stings? It stings. But then I've been sticking larger needles in my leg as an 8 year old.
It's wise to rotate. I only had the legs to choose from (under instruction.) when I was first diagnosed.

Try it. But keep an eye on your BG levels.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Idiot's took everything off the shelves welp atleast i know if some sort of apocalypse was happening id be one of the first ones to go LOL

I used to work in food retail. I saw panic buying when a few snowflakes decided to fall..? "Big freeze" in the tabloids.

I see it as a great window of opportunity to clean down the racking before the next delivery.

Reactions: SueJB

Razzamuffin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I used to work in food retail. I saw panic buying when a few snowflakes decided to fall..? "Big freeze" in the tabloids.

I see it as a great window of opportunity to clean down the racking before the next delivery.
Good point, let them congregate and infect eachother

Edit: Had the worse Hypo today, BGL dropped to 4.9 and i started shaking violently, unable to move properly, it was horrible, ive dropped to 4.3 with no problems before but now this is just ridiculous

Last edited:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good point, let them congregate and infect eachother

Edit: Had the worse Hypo today, BGL dropped to 4.9 and i started shaking violently, unable to move properly, it was horrible, ive dropped to 4.3 with no problems before but now this is just ridiculous

Are you sure you hadn't dropped lower still? The meter may have read "4.9," but that may have been upto 20 minutes prior?
Did you do a second test around 15 minutes later?

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Razzamuffin Sometimes what causes the issue is a rapid change in BG levels. I have handled a 10 level with no issue, but if I get in a shower and the water is too warm I will go from 5.3 to a 8.9 in 15 minutes and feel downright sick and dizzy. A sudden drop can cause me to feel worse too than when I just keep slowly dropping.

Razzamuffin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you sure you hadn't dropped lower still? The meter may have read "4.9," but that may have been upto 20 minutes prior?
Did you do a second test around 15 minutes later?

I did and I went up to 9 after food lol, i treat my hypos but this one was really ridiculous, considering my body has been calm and happy for a few days now

@Razzamuffin Sometimes what causes the issue is a rapid change in BG levels. I have handled a 10 level with no issue, but if I get in a shower and the water is too warm I will go from 5.3 to a 8.9 in 15 minutes and feel downright sick and dizzy. A sudden drop can cause me to feel worse too than when I just keep slowly dropping.

I havnt had anything like that :) Just had a nap was all lol