Novorapid

Jc3131

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello all, just a quickie to ask about Novorapid. All of a sudden it seems to be taking ages to work and the last few days it seems like im just injecting water.

Even taking it half an hour before food doesn't seem to be working. My bloods have been high all night in the 12's. Then after a small bowl of porridge and injecting enough, my bloods have gone up to 15.

I would be grateful for any advice.

Cheers John.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi John,

From memory, do you still use Lantus? What are your fasting levels like? Have you found these issues since getting about halfway 2/3s way down the cartridge on your basal pen??

Jc3131

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes I use Lantus, my fasting levels are normally around the 8mmol mark. It varies as I eat quite late and that's another issue I have.

The current pen is just past halfway, I was actually thinking of changing it.

I may have been like this a while, but since using the Libre I can see all the data and sometimes it's not good.

Thanks for the reply.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes I use Lantus, my fasting levels are normally around the 8mmol mark. It varies as I eat quite late and that's another issue I have.

The current pen is just past halfway, I was actually thinking of changing it.

I may have been like this a while, but since using the Libre I can see all the data and sometimes it's not good.

Thanks for the reply.

I use Lantus & Libre.
See if a new pen or cartridge on the Lantus changes anything before fiddling with the Novo.?

Keep a close eye on those BGs.

Reactions: Jc3131

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi John,

From memory, do you still use Lantus? What are your fasting levels like? Have you found these issues since getting about halfway 2/3s way down the cartridge on your basal pen??

That sounds very familiar with the Lantus, after 25 odd years it didn't seem to work 'as well' as it had, I asked for a change to Tresiba which takes a few months to adjust to.

When I made the change after seeing my (or the) consultant he said that if he was a t1d he'd use Tresiba.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That sounds very familiar with the Lantus, after 25 odd years it didn't seem to work 'as well' as it had, I asked for a change to Tresiba which takes a few months to adjust to.

When I made the change after seeing my (or the) consultant he said that if he was a t1d he'd use Tresiba.

Strangely, I have an appointment with an endo next week regarding this very subject. (Tresiba.)
I already have a "thumbs up" from a DSN. It's just a matter of a review. & hopfully I'll get libres thrown in with the deal too..

parkinsonryan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Might be a silly answer but have you tried to change your injection site as the insulin won’t be getting in you properly

If that’s not the case some diabetics are also protein sensitive If this is the case you will need insulin for protein aswell as carbohydrates but you will have to speak to the diatition about that