Update on my blood sugars after going vegetarian.

Veryanxious

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been vegetarian for two months now and i would like to share my experience though i have included fenugreek seeds which i think are major reason for my normal blood glucose.
I ate 3 bread slices and 1.5 hours later my blood sugars are 98. I again ate lentils pancake made from two cups of greem moong lentils my blood sugars after 1.5 hours is 106.
I am not sure as what is most effect vegetarian or fenugreek seeds but my sugars have improved alot. I was not full blown diabetic and did loose 20kgs weight as well. I had done intermittent fasting too.
I do it now too. I have avoid junk and still don't eat high carb food like rice or wheat roti or bread or pastas. But overall i think it is an improvement and I have some mental peace as i am able to eat my traditional diet.

Reactions: LooperCat

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was under the impression that nothing in any of the tests you did indicated that you had any type of diabetes or pre diabetes anyway?

I am glad you now have mental peace, and wish you well with this.

Reactions: Flora123 and KK123

Veryanxious

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was under the impression that nothing in any of the tests you did indicated that you had any type of diabetes or pre diabetes anyway?

I am glad you now have mental peace, and wish you well with this.
I did, my a1c was 6.0% in feb 2018 which was pre diabetic, and my fasting glucose after that were in 100's as in 103, 108.
With bread i used to spike to 156 to 165 with in one hour.
I am seeing an improvement in that not sure how long it will last.