ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
98.90kgs still. Birthday week just after son's celebrations.
Will be extra strict starting Monday. New foods expected tomorrow and Monday. Getting bored with same grocers and same flavours. Looking to experiment and freeze favourites.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
13-03-2020
48.1kg this morning.
It's late. I'm tired. will read your posts tomorrow. Have a good weekend peeps.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
On no !! I have lost 3 bits of a k now only 44.5 :arghh:
Carol

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
So lost the weight I put on and back down to 55ks. A little IF does wonders.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
So lost the weight I put on and back down to 55ks. A little IF does wonders.
Well done @Ryhia.
I'm now being sent out of Sunderland for an Ultrascan (which may yet get cancelled again) It seems our Royal is squeezed to its limits, in most departments. Again. :banghead: :banghead::banghead:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done @Ryhia.
I'm now being sent out of Sunderland for an Ultrascan (which may yet get cancelled again) It seems our Royal is squeezed to its limits, in most departments. Again.
Hope the scan gets done quickly it must be really frustrating for you. Do you have a choice of hospitals or is it pot luck?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hope the scan gets done quickly it must be really frustrating for you. Do you have a choice of hospitals or is it pot luck?
Not much choice but still there is more than none. I think a second opinion must hv to be with a different sonographer? Although I didn't ask for a second opinion. I do know that fat gets in the way of a clear Ultrascan result. I've lost more weight since one done a few months ago but not been slim around tummy, ever. My child pics are of me being chubby.
Tonight's pain was very painful but I've learned never go use Sunderland A&E out of office hours if I want bariatric help. It maybe stones anyway. No ulcer or op relating leaks. I've stopped spitting out the blood as I feel unhygienic. I'm not expecting urgent appointment for ENT as they are needed with virus urgency. In fact I'm prepared to wait now. Now I know not bariatric related.
I'll just concentrate on chicken pox son and keeping food etc in. I've been looking for better chicken meals but homemade is best. Alternative is chicken dippers etc which is covered in cheap batter. Little one can swollow now so he's preferred a dinner without processed food. He asks for mash and gravy (with veg) yep with veg. I'm chuffed he turns down rubbish. :) :) :)

Reactions: Ryhia

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not much choice but still there is more than none. I think a second opinion must hv to be with a different sonographer? Although I didn't ask for a second opinion. I do know that fat gets in the way of a clear Ultrascan result. I've lost more weight since one done a few months ago but not been slim around tummy, ever. My child pics are of me being chubby.
Tonight's pain was very painful but I've learned never go use Sunderland A&E out of office hours if I want bariatric help. It maybe stones anyway. No ulcer or op relating leaks. I've stopped spitting out the blood as I feel unhygienic. I'm not expecting urgent appointment for ENT as they are needed with virus urgency. In fact I'm prepared to wait now. Now I know not bariatric related.
I'll just concentrate on chicken pox son and keeping food etc in. I've been looking for better chicken meals but homemade is best. Alternative is chicken dippers etc which is covered in cheap batter. Little one can swollow now so he's preferred a dinner without processed food. He asks for mash and gravy (with veg) yep with veg. I'm chuffed he turns down rubbish. :) :) :)

Ickihun, if the challenges around food are financially based, a whole chicken is fantastic value, if you can do some minor butchering, to remove the wings and drumsticks.

Roast the rest, for a dinner ot two, depending on the size of the chicken and appetites, then leftovers for sandwiches, salads or if there's not that much, into the stockpot for chicken stock, then soup. Even if there are plenty leftovers the carcass can make great stock for a nutritions soup, with a few veggies, or sweetcorn and noodles for those more carb tolerant.

The drumsticks and wings can either be saved up, or be the chef's perks, roasted, or airfried, if you have such a beast, or added to the stock pot if there'll be a mutiny if there aren't enough for everyone.

Chicken is the most versatile of meats and a whole chicken is much, much better value than portions.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Considering there is only 1 corona virus case recorded for Sunderland and that was a couple of weeks ago, not sure why hospital would not be able to look after you unless they have taken cases from other areas. Think I would be on the phone nagging someone for an appointment but I guess your priorities will be with your son if he is recovering from chickenpox. Hope both you and him are feeling better soon.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thanks @DCUKMod.

I've bought some mini breasts so even the choosy Mr ickihun cannot complain about bones. Myself I hog a cooked chicken. I love all pieces, roasted but not overcooked. Shredded in a curry used to be my fav. Now I stick to less sauces but flavour, or watery sauces. Advised to use leak gravy some time ago which I'd stopped years ago. So gravy helped any dry meat digest easier but now I just chew it away.
I was stuck on mackerel and other white fish. It was becoming a bit bland. I've had a few meat stews so veg was hidden in gravy/stock. I was a bit bored. I miss my mixed seafood and cod roe. I miss cod so had a piece prepared for me. It was lovely and hot with salt and vinegar.
I've bought some shredded cabbage to do my stir-frying again. It was a winner pre-op. I think I'm just fed up with mackerel and the fact I've stopped cheese. Less nuts too.

I miss seafood so I must restart buying it again, from anywhere. I may buy cockles if not jarred.
I need more celery and cucumber for dips.
My meal time is more a snack but I like it interesting, not bland.
I must admit though I had a great steak cooked for me and it was yummy. Not too chewy either.
I'm going to miss the occasional restaurant steak. Hoping they won't be closed for too long. Grilling can be very very dry so stewing or the slow cooked casserole will be my only other preference.
My fav meat will always be lamb. Even now.
I just eat far less of it. Much gets thrown out rather than over feeding kids. Mr ickihun is inconsistent so often he leaves his to go off in favour of a pint... or two. It's made regardless. Very often by him. :banghead:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
47.8kg.
Lot of decorating and heavy gardening this week. Did think might be a loss because as am now being less generous with the cream, as well as some other things. ( only one chicken thigh for me last night) Not knowing when we can go out and get more is disturbing. Day two of fifteen day lockdown and already government talking of four weeks. Or More. Mid to end of May has been mentioned.
However it's beautiful sunny weather. No hardship to be out in the garden.
@ickihun hope your some is recovering.
@Ryhia Well Done on restarting weight loss.
@carty Feeling your pain.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
47.8kg.
Lot of decorating and heavy gardening this week. Did think might be a loss because as am now being less generous with the cream, as well as some other things. ( only one chicken thigh for me last night) Not knowing when we can go out and get more is disturbing. Day two of fifteen day lockdown and already government talking of four weeks. Or More. Mid to end of May has been mentioned.
Oh slimlizzy I have run out of cream :arghh:. And it was deliberate :angelic:

Lilylala

14 stone , 50 days doing omad .started 15.4 stone and was injecting 40 units of humulin m3 am / pm , now down to 10am/14 pm and 1.4 stone lighter.my goal is to loose 3 stone and be completely off meds.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
47.8kg.
Thx @SlimLizzy :) The boys (2+1 dad) are keen but know the bungalow is small if 1 of 4 gets grouchy. We share our emotions freely. Not always welcomed though.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
92.9 kilos....first time under 93 for many a long year....
Perseverance is normally a winner. Well done.
I'm stuck on 99kgs but it was my goal anyway. It's just nice to lose when you want to or for some add when needed.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm the same weight. Got my king prawns so I nibbled a few before bed. An excellent fbg of 6.2.
Out later to get school off foods, if I can get them.
Been out locally at 10am this morning. Dashed back for delayed daily meds. I'm left without energy now. So unfortunately off to bed.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well today the scales indicated a weight of 75.1 Kg a smidgen down from last week but that's better than a smidgen up.

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
74.9 this week, thats another 1lb down over 2 weeks. Didn't loos any last week but i was supposed be in New York which got canceled as i was heading to the airport.

Consoled myself with some fatty goodness which did not help my weight that week!

Gyms closed now so really not sure how things are going to pan out because i really do rely on getting the the gym to keep on with my weight journey.