What's the best blood sugar monitoring?

biren1973

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi

I am thinking of buying a new blood sugar monitor that has Bluetooth that records reading automatically in the app. Can someone recommend any? Also make sure it gives correct measurement.

Regards

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
The contour next one has blue tooth and it's own app
Caresens Dual also has blue tooth and will connect with it's phone app
And the Tee2+ also has blue tooth

Those are just three I know of there are many more I believe.

I have the blue tooth adapter (the accuchek mobile does not have built in blue tooth) for the Accuchek mobile and it does integrate with Mysugr app but I have not had much success with it to be honest.

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Depends which you can continually afford the strips for
xx

biren1973

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The contour next one has blue tooth and it's own app
Caresens Dual also has blue tooth and will connect with it's phone app
And the Tee2+ also has blue tooth

Those are just three I know of there are many more I believe.

I have the blue tooth adapter (the accuchek mobile does not have built in blue tooth) for the Accuchek mobile and it does integrate with Mysugr app but I have not had much success with it to be honest.
Thanks for your reply. It looks like the test stripes are bit expensive. Can you please recommend which one (non Bluetooth one) is accurate and doesn't cost lot. I have SD code free one. But this device is now 3 years old, hence need to change.

On the other hand I found out my test stripes are already expired one year back, but I never checked their expiry before. Do you think the expiry will not give correct results? If not will it give higher or lower results? Any thoughts?

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@biren1973 I think the code free has been replaced by the SD Gluco Navii as a more up to date meter, you wont find any other brand of meter with test strips for the same (or even near) the price of SD strips xx

biren1973

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@biren1973 I think the code free has been replaced by the SD Gluco Navii as a more up to date meter, you wont find any other brand of meter with test strips for the same (or even near) the price of SD strips xx
Thanks. But does SD Gluco Navii give accurate results? And does the lancet and test stripes are expensive for this new model?

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks. But does SD Gluco Navii give accurate results? And does the lancet and test stripes are expensive for this new model?
all meters are pretty accurate but they all have a 15-20% error margin allowed so there isn't really one better than the other, you've said other strips are too expensive, as far as I'm aware a pot of Gluco Navii strips are about £8 and you certainly aren't going to find another meter with strips that cheap, I don't know about lancets, I don't use that meter and as I'm Type 1 I get my supplies prescribed free xx

Reactions: biren1973