BGL major rise after Novorapid finishes

O_DP_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Some help please.
Folks I seem to have some strange going on at the moment. Just came back from a fairly active week in LA but been sat at home since Wednesday due to gym being closed and being told to work from home.
Issue I am having is that my levels seem to be rising once the novorapid for a meal is on it’s last hour or so, i.e like there is no background insulin.
I take Levimer twice a day and have changed the cartridge. Anybody got any ideas why this is happening? Could it be the inactivity. I usually weight train 4 days a week and walk quiet allot too?

My meals a low fat and low GI carbs, same as always.

thanks

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Maybe time to do a basal test, insulin needs can change throughout the year both basal and bolus but if your basal isn't right then your bolus won't work as it has been so definitely look into doing a basal test xx

O_DP_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine don't really change, may be boost the basel due to the inactivity and see what happens,

Edited by a moderator to remove specific advice about dosing.

Last edited by a moderator:

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry but no matter how long you've been diagnosed just because they haven't needed adjusted before doesn't mean they wont suddenly start changing

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine don't really change, may be boost the basel due to the inactivity and see what happens,

Edited by a moderator to remove specific advice about dosing.

Hi there, all I would say is that they don't change until they do! Mine plod along quite nicely the majority of the time but now and again I have a few weeks where they do suddenly change and I adjust accordingly. I think the thing to remember is that the body changes ALL the time, diabetic or not. It definitely could be your change of exercise routine, if I don't exercise for a few days (when normally it's most days) then I know that on those non exercising days I will require a little bit more basal to compensate.