miao miao 2

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Another night when the Libre makęs a large correction after I go to sleep. xDrip+ shows rise from 5.4 to 7.8 over an hour and a half and remained at high level overnight only dropping when I recalibrated at 5am. Libre showed moderate rise from 3.8 to 4.4 over the same time. 4.4 correlated to 5.6 blood level at this time.
This could be difficult if I was using xDrip+ for hypo warnings at night.

Last edited:

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Broke my sensor catching on clothes with miaomiao2. Must be more careful. A spare arrive today.

malky39

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Broke my sensor catching on clothes with miaomiao2. Must be more careful. A spare arrive today.
Tell me about it, second day in I caught the bottom part of the mm2, I use the mm adhesive stickers, putting a t shirt on thought the worst that it would of ripped the libre sensor out but luckily it just caught the bottom of the mm2 and its stayed in place so far

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tell me about it, second day in I caught the bottom part of the mm2, I use the mm adhesive stickers, putting a t shirt on thought the worst that it would of ripped the libre sensor out but luckily it just caught the bottom of the mm2 and its stayed in place so far
Great save. Think about covering the MM or replacing the skin sticker. I think I weakened mine the day before I completely wrecked my Libre.

Nuck

I have had my miao miao 2 on for 5 days. I charged mine out of the box and set it up pretty quickly. In addition to the software suggested I have set up night scout which involved a bit of programming. This means I have access to the data in a range of apps. My garmin watch now gets the sugar level and vibrates low, going low and high going high. It also predicts a low. It was worth the wait.

Reactions: Lotties

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I activated my replacement (of the 1st sensor) yesterday evening after 24hr wear. This one seems to be tracking closer to my finger pricks.
I downloaded the Glimp app as I found it impossible to shut the xDrip up without forcing a stop and losing all my data. It kept turning Bluetooth on.
I tried the Glimp app but that doesn't play nice with the Libre software fighting for control of the NFC. The Glimp app allows the retrospective entry of calibrationsome as you can say when the entry was taken. This is a major flaw for me with the xdrip again following the raw data last night and rising to 7.8 whereas, at 3am, when I found it, a prick test showed 5.6. This means I have another 4hours of incorrect data that I can't correct. I think the Glimp allows you to delete data points (but not sure)
All in all, I think this will probably mean that I cease using the Libre as I can't usefully calibrate it and it can be way out; It would just be a waste of money. Glad I'm not prone to debilitating night hypos. I may try a month of the Dexcom 6.

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have been using the miao miao 2 for a few days now with x drip+ and libre
, I like the predictive information and the alarms I also like the chance to calibrate it, I have not got used to it yet but so far so good

Reactions: Lotties

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I find the mm2 battery to be on 20% after 12 days but have it fixed with the elastic strap so take off and charge it when I shower (pool receptionist will charge it too :) ), software wise I found the rotten tomato app to be rotten and not fit for purpose so changed to xdrip for the iOS which works well and Nightscout's worth setting up as you can use the report function for the data for your doctor.

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just a small question, my senser has finished its 14 day cycle and my abbott meter says I need to apply a new senser but my miao miao is still giving readings, does anybody know how much longer the miao miao x drip will continue to receive readings, I will be changing my senser tonight anyway

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just a small question, my senser has finished its 14 day cycle and my abbott meter says I need to apply a new senser but my miao miao is still giving readings, does anybody know how much longer the miao miao x drip will continue to receive readings, I will be changing my senser tonight anyway
Mine didn't last long. About an hour or so. I had high hopes...

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I find you can get an extra 12 hours from a libre sensor paired with the mm2, BUT if (using xdrip) you don't enter the sensor start point then when it expires it sends a nice flat line to your phone at the point your bloods were at when it expired which if is in the middle of the night can be a nuisance.

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My first charge lasted 13 day,s quite good I thought, I have been pleased with the miao miao 2 with x drip still playing with it at the moment

Reactions: kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
One thing I found using an iPhone 7 was the tomato app (when it worked) hammered the phone battery, 'Spike' software looked a little beyond me so tried xDrip, came with instructions on their Facebook page and works pretty well and doesn't hammer the battery, although then you need 'nightscout' if you want remote monitors or to input data.

Tanyabeck

Hi!! I’ve had the MM2 for a few Days, and apart from the fact that it wakes me up every five minutes at night when my sugar is off, it’s really good.
How do I unglue it from my libre sensor?
And do I still need to scan with my LibreLink app, or can I just leave the MiaoMiao to do the work? At the moment my diabetes team is linked up to my Libre app, but I don’t know if there is something similar on Tomato. Help!!