Community help for coronavirus/ people at-risk

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Live streaming? Have you got the beer in already?

Lol, nope. But there was was some pretty good deals on fresh fish whilst my wife was out shopping.. Nothing else on the self.
There was also Broccoli & cauliflower..

Seriously, I just worked out I may have the gear for it..? I recently got a new mixing desk with that capability..
..& the venue to stream from in darkest Somerset. ;)

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hate to break it to some of you, but kitchen roll isn't made to be flushed down the loo, it'll cause an awful blockage somewhere along the line as it doesn't break down the same way as toilet roll. I recommend a 'travel bidet', vastly reduces the amount of toilet paper needed, or maybe you're meant to use a towel...? Not sure on that front but I stick to toilet paper :hilarious:
p.s available from ebay!

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hate to break it to some of you, but kitchen roll isn't made to be flushed down the loo, it'll cause an awful blockage somewhere along the line as it doesn't break down the same way as toilet roll. I recommend a 'travel bidet', vastly reduces the amount of toilet paper needed, or maybe you're meant to use a towel...? Not sure on that front but I stick to toilet paper :hilarious:
p.s available from ebay!
Good point. If you are going to use kitchen roll, the Daily Mail or some other sort of paper, then you will need a small bin by the toilet as they do in Greece.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good point. If you are going to use kitchen roll, the Daily Mail or some other sort of paper, then you will need a small bin by the toilet as they do in Greece.

Very good point. News paper & some of the more absorbent kitchen roll may even block the pan before it even reaches the Ubend..?

Reactions: sleepster

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Who would have thought that it diabetes forum would be discussing what we can flush down the loo.:angelic:
Carol

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
I joined this international volunteer group to do my bit and either flatten the curve, or stop it in its tracks:
Why not help by joining international volunteer group to stop the Covid-19 outbreak?
See this Twitter thread: https://twitter.com/yaneerbaryam/sta...67530638282752
They have a group Slack workspace, which I have joined, for organising and sharing ideas.

They are looking for organising skills, technical skills down to people to deliver food to those self isolating and vulnerable, or just people with contacts/influence to find others with skills etc.

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Can't find where it was, but somebody doubted my assertion that although young people rarely die from Covid19 , they do get infected and so spread it.
The best data is from S. Korea which is good because that is the country which has done by far the most testing for Covid19.

Their figures show approximately 50% of total Covid19 infections were aged in the 0 to 29ys old category!
I think I recall that the highest 10yr age group getting infected was the 20 - 29yrs old one (if not, it was the 30 to 39yrs old).

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
p.s available from ebay!

My wife is Filipina and I have been to the Philippines several times. Toilet paper is hardly used there and their poor plumbing can't cope with it (unless it's a new build area).

They generally use water in a small bucket thing called a Tabo, and 'bum guns' (douche sprays) are everywhere.

Thought about getting one at home but the mains water in the UK is much colder than it is in the Philippines so I'm sure one would get a bit of a shock mid winter!

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My wife is Filipina and I have been to the Philippines several times. Toilet paper is hardly used there and their poor plumbing can't cope with it (unless it's a new build area).

They generally use water in a small bucket thing called a Tabo, and 'bum guns' (douche sprays) are everywhere.

Thought about getting one at home but the mains water in the UK is much colder than it is in the Philippines so I'm sure one would get a bit of a shock mid winter!
I started using the travel bidet after a trip to Bali and using the 'bum guns', I like that you can just fill this with water from the tap and aren't going to get too much of a shock! :D