Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
So the latest advice from government is for those in high risk groups, I assume type 1 falls into that category to self isolate for 12 weeks. mmm wonder how thats gonna work.

Who will do shopping, online will not really be an option as you may have to wait weeks. What about collecting prescriptions ?

Has this been thought through ???

Lots to think about, what if we go into lock down, what about refuse collections, waste being left about ...........or will it ?
All of us are looking for answers to basic questions and this wishy washy government are still being damp.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning all. It’s such a beautiful sunny day it’s hard to believe there’s anything wrong in the human world. I have a view of a flowering magnolia (neighbours’) and a sleeping cat. First cuppa of the morning’s perfect.
Stay well everyone.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning y'all :) I've been trending high recently so a couple of days ago had a lower carb meal and still spiked :banghead: but I had the little un over last night and had a normalish tea and more insulin, swore long and hard at 06.30 when an alarm at 16mmol woke me, to come down to a fingerstick of 9mmol, so I swore long and hard again.
I'm due a tooth out next week and rice is a painful food right now and I live on rice, I've got a stock of rice and I'm avoiding rice :)

So fiddlesticks and take care :)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Think I could ring diabetes centre for information about this coronavirus. I don't have any symptoms just getting bit worried.
@Delticmatt100 I'm a little worried. I got back from Paris yesterday and was shocked that the government had ordered restaurants, pubs and non essential shops to close. But I think it was the right thing to do and it should be done here
BG rocketed but has stabilised a bit

Reactions: kev-w

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, I'm going food shopping today and collecting a prescription. After today I'll think about whether to do anything like that again. I have PAD in my left leg, developing in my right, though apparently the coronary arteries are okay, but it's an addition to diabetes that I think might make me more cautious.

@chris85 type 1 don't forget that if you were sleeping on your sensor it may well read low.

Weird old times, ain't they, all feels very uncertain. My village set up a WhatsApp group on Saturday and a couple of neighbours have already asked me if I need anything. I'm lucky that I live in a really great place, there's always been a lot of support for anyone who needs it.

Reactions: kev-w and karen8967

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all, I'm going food shopping today and collecting a prescription. After today I'll think about whether to do anything like that again. I have PAD in my left leg, developing in my right, though apparently the coronary arteries are okay, but it's an addition to diabetes that I think might make me more cautious.

@chris85 type 1 don't forget that if you were sleeping on your sensor it may well read low.

Weird old times, ain't they, all feels very uncertain. My village set up a WhatsApp group on Saturday and a couple of neighbours have already asked me if I need anything. I'm lucky that I live in a really great place, there's always been a lot of support for anyone who needs it.
really coz i only sleep on either side never my back or front im like a log

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all
Another straight line last night....WOOHOO winner badge for me...
Boris saying that vulnerable people should isolate for 12 weeks (I take it we are vulnerable?)......I hope he is going to pay my rent and bills for me in that time oh and my missess car, the list goes on........

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So the latest advice from government is for those in high risk groups, I assume type 1 falls into that category to self isolate for 12 weeks. mmm wonder how thats gonna work.

You assume wrong, People with Diabetes should social distance, not self isolate........yet :)

4.5 this morning and cruising along around that now.

Last edited:

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
You assume wrong, People with Diabetes should social distance, not self isolate........yet :)

Boris will change his mind this afternoon. I do sorta feel sorry for him, who would want to be in cg=harge of the country at this moment in time??

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
really coz i only sleep on either side never my back or front im like a log

'Compression lows' do seem to be a thing, I've had the overnight graph showing 'low' for a few hours, a dead :p flat line and the libre on the same arm I slept on but I've been 5 on a fingerstick.

For me I know if I've dropped that low as I'll have sweated pints before waking to a shake shiver and shake, clean bedding, a shower and a few* choice swear words...

* Probably more than a few.

Reactions: Marie 2 and SueJB