Proliferative Retinopathy

Hannah1976

Hi, I'm new to the group, I have proliferative retinopathy and have had several laser sessions. My left eye is particularly bad and have been advised to have an operation to remove the jelly from behind the retina. This I can just about deal with, but this morning I have woken up with what I think is a floater (dark thread like thing), im very concerned as its very disorientating and annoying. I know its not good having a floater but if I leave it will it get worse? I have an appointment next week for more laser in my right eye but unsure what to do about my left, whether I wait until next week to see someone or try and get an urgent appointment (probably wont get one though) and with everything going on in the world at the moment my appointment is likely to be cancelled anyway

Please advise if you can
Thanks

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd call the eye department that you attend and ask foe their advice
xx

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Personally, I'd wait PROVIDED you check first . I had a few but got them under control with diet.

10 outta 10 BTW for spelling disorientating correctly. :)

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am advising from advice I received from my ophthalmology department after every eye injection I had and after my laser session for proliferative retinopathy which was if there were ANY changes to my eyes between appointments was to call the department xx

Reactions: Hannah1976

Hannah1976

I am advising from advice I received from my ophthalmology department after every eye injection I had and after my laser session for proliferative retinopathy which was if there were ANY changes to my eyes between appointments was to call the department xx
Thank you, I will call them tomorrow