Type 1 Hypo remedy

smr55

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I normally have shrimp and banana sweets, or kinder chocolate, 5 individually wrapped in a pack.
I have to look carefully at the ingredients as I'm Coeliac.
Sorry for the late reply. I had to google shrimp & banana sweets so haven't tried them. I might get a packet as the grandchildren would probably eat them if I don't like them. I'm not much of a sweetie person, but they don't look too packed with sugar. Will give them a try. Thank you. I answered to someone else that I have used GF nakd from Amazon as a stand by - fine in pockets and bags. approx. 15g per bar depending on the flavour. found them very tasty and effective. One of your 5 a day as all fruit.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Sorry for the late reply. I had to google shrimp & banana sweets so haven't tried them. I might get a packet as the grandchildren would probably eat them if I don't like them. I'm not much of a sweetie person, but they don't look too packed with sugar. Will give them a try. Thank you. I answered to someone else that I have used GF nakd from Amazon as a stand by - fine in pockets and bags. approx. 15g per bar depending on the flavour. found them very tasty and effective. One of your 5 a day as all fruit.

I couldn't get the Morrisons ones last time, they are bigger, so one is normally enough. So I bought two smaller packets from Lidl last week, so fruit and fish, quite healthy then lol, but they do work a treat. Once opened, I put usually an elastic band around and then into a small clear bag, to keep them relatively fresh,
ps I used GF chocolate or yogurt coated rice cakes as a carb back up.

smr55

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have you tried different Dextrose tablet flavours?
Have tried quite a few flavour but....still don't like them. Maybe its the sweetness I'm not keen on - empty nutrition wise too. If I'm going to take something I would rather it wasn't too sweet. That's just me though. If necessary I would take anything just as most of us would.

smr55

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I couldn't get the Morrisons ones last time, they are bigger, so one is normally enough. So I bought two smaller packets from Lidl last week, so fruit and fish, quite healthy then lol, but they do work a treat. Once opened, I put usually an elastic band around and then into a small clear bag, to keep them relatively fresh,
ps I used GF chocolate or yogurt coated rice cakes as a carb back up.
My trick with the Jelly Babies and fruit pastilles was to put them into an empty test strip container which can be used then refilled. Better for the environment too - hey ho. I could cut up the babys - 3=around 12g cho and could fit in 4 pastilles into a contour container. which gave 16g. Might not work with the fish and fruit but again maybe if they were cut up????

Reactions: localshop

localshop

Yes I know about Jelly Babies - not my first go to choice as the taste is so false. Same goes for jelly pastilles which are harder to chew if you are very low. (ps once took a mars bar when very low and it was like trying to wade through thick treacle to get it down my throat). Found bountys good both taste and chew wise, but not good to keep in pockets of coats. Because of my wheat problem another good buy was GF nakd bars - taste is great about 14-17g per bar depending on the flavour and the box lasted for ages.(subscribe & save Plenty of options flavour wise. Thank you for this.
Maynards Wine Gums 17-18g carb per 4 sweets. I prefer those to jelly babies :)

smr55

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Maynards Wine Gums 17-18g carb per 4 sweets. I prefer those to jelly babies :)
Never tried them because they are more chewy and don't dissolve as quick. I found another good 'sweetie was trebor soft mints. The mint allows faster absorbtion of the sugars by increasing the blood supply to the stomach - whether this is proven or not might be iffy. Worked for me though. ( approx. 4g per sweetie)