Type 2 Black toe

Bbyfentonio

Hi all , I’m newly diagnosed type 2 about 4 hours ago I dropped something on my big toe and one next to it , instantly went black and swelled up , now I’m getting shooting pains on both toes into my foot - don’t wanna go hospital really bit should I or just wait till morning and ring gp? I can’t really walk on toes I have to walk on side of foot , any advise would really help , thank you

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
What did you drop on it? You'll likely lose the nail. Had that happen twice with shotputs over fingers.

My only advice would be not to have it removed just yet

Lucylemonpip

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ouch! Sounds very painful. The fact that your toe has turned black so quickly, doesn’t sound very good. I presume it’s blood/bruising, but don’t know for certain, as I have no medical knowledge. You could go to A&E. I did hear on the radio, that because most people are staying away from A&E, the waiting time to be seen is quicker than usual. I think that if it were me, I’d go to A&E, to be on the safe side.

Bbyfentonio

It was an ecig battery that dropped on it from about 2.5 foot , toes just feel extremely hot at the minute , I had pain killers but just don’t feel 100% since I did it

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Doesn't sound (or look) as though that weighs much. I'm of the opinion you need it checked out now

Bbyfentonio

It’s got a bit of weight with it , it’s not one of the pen ones it’s a smok one - it’s rather late on now - still paining me , like random stabbing pains , had some painkillers and I’ll go see gp in morning , thanks for advise , new to all the diabetic stuff but I know feet are a big thing , I’ll update later on

Bbyfentonio

So now sat in urgent care centre ‍♀️doctors wouldn’t even entertain it , blood pressure is up and I can’t feel the end of my toe

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
sorry you are going through this!
please keep us informed how it goes?

What country are you in? and what type of diabetes do you have?
It might help if you completed those details on your profile, because often when people make suggestions they do so bearing in mind your personal circumstances.

Best wishes

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In uk , type 2 , just had an X-ray on my toe , I have broken my big toe
Ouch. I did that once. It hurts. A lot. Sympathies

The only footwear I could get on was my husbands and a stiff sole helped a lot moving around - if the hospital don’t give you a boot.