Lamb?

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lamb Henry is 1/4 of a shoulder and makes great stew I cook with garlic and leek a stock cube and not much water in a pressure cooker or slow cooker until the lamb is very tender then strip off the meat and put it back into the stock if there is any fat on the top put in the oven to make crackling add celeriac and swede and cook in oven for about an hour .Serve with lots of green veg
Carol

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
How do you cook them? I sliced thinly and fried, but wonder whether slow cooking would be better?
I take all the inside bits out so your left with a wee heart pouch and stuff it it’s sage and onion stuffing , put in oven at about 170 c for 45 mins I b put a bit of butter with mine sure my mum use to use lard lol, baist them whilst cooking then serve mmmm mmmmm

Reactions: Goonergal

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I take all the inside bits out so your left with a wee heart pouch and stuff it it’s sage and onion stuffing , put in oven at about 170 c for 45 mins I b put a bit of butter with mine sure my mum use to use lard lol, baist them whilst cooking then serve mmmm mmmmm

Thanks

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I cant do any offal but lamb chump chops from my butcher pan fried is my favourite dinner after fish. I also make a good Lamb Keema with lamb mince which is the only lamb Mr PM will accept though he loves lamb liver panfried but only has that when I am away. Jack Sprat and his wife lol.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Re lamb heart I remember as a child my mother announced we were having stuffed heart for dinner. My mother could bake but was a terrible cook. We were all in dread but my brother had an accident at school and badly broke his leg so that dinner never happened and was never mentioned again. I think she was relieved not to have to tackle it!

Reactions: Robbity

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Re lamb heart I remember as a child my mother announced we were having stuffed heart for dinner. My mother could bake but was a terrible cook. We were all in dread but my brother had an accident at school and badly broke his leg so that dinner never happened and was never mentioned again. I think she was relieved not to have to tackle it!
My mum was a keen and excellent cook but fried liver was her downfall - it was always "tough as old boots" as the saying goes - presumably because she never sampled the finished product.

M

Member496333

My mum was a keen and excellent cook but fried liver was her downfall - it was always "tough as old boots" as the saying goes - presumably because she never sampled the finished product.

Raw liver is the ultimate. Guaranteed no shoe leather effect and no nutrients destroyed. Never eaten anything quite so primally satiating. It even gives the old libido a turbo boost about half an hour later :angelic:

Apparently it's dangerous but it hasn't killed me. Yet :shifty:

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I’m welsh but now live in Scotland and even though haggis is great you canny beat a good faggot which I canny get up here all that lung, heart , kidney & liver in one ball is mmmmm mmmmm

oh and I did try crocodile samosas once there were good too lol

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Fat is the elixir of life. Fatty meat is more important to me than fast cars, money and women.

I am a woman, drive in the speed limit - always :), and money, hmmmm.

But dead sheep to eat - absolutely - yes!

Whether baa lambs or mutton - it's all good. Like for the Welsh man - sheep are everywhere in the countryside in noo zeeland. (Along with the moo cows.)

Yum yum. and nothing beats a good roast lamb, with homemade mint sauce. No gravy for us low-carbers. And the fat? yum yum yum.

Reactions: Member496333

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I foolishly went to Morrisons yesterday after work to buy mince for tea. (forgot to take it out of the freezer before I left for work) The shop was empty not only of meat but more or less everything else. The only fresh meet in the fridge were 5 packs of lamb hearts! I happily bought 1 and had heart for tea very tasty!

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I foolishly went to Morrisons yesterday after work to buy mince for tea. (forgot to take it out of the freezer before I left for work) The shop was empty not only of meat but more or less everything else. The only fresh meet in the fridge were 5 packs of lamb hearts! I happily bought 1 and had heart for tea very tasty!
Well done . I went to Costco yesterday for some screen wash for my car, my good bearing mind this is a wholesalers, there’s was no meat part from silverside it was bonkers ,