Keeping a freestyle libre sensor attached

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine's ok in the gym but I carry and climb ladders at work and have a couple of tops on that seems to move the miaomiao after a few climbs, I'm not moaning though as xdrip alarms to tell me it's missed the reading and a quick wriggle and it's ok again and is much better than trying to get blood out of cold fingers :banghead:

I've had similar issue working with multi layers & MM. I don't stick the MM to the sensor. Damage limitation if the MM pulls?
The official armband that came with the kit moves.
I didn't want to use a "snap on" holder for the same reason too.

The aftermarket holder/strap, (pictured up thread.) I took a punt on.
I've had for 3/4 weeks? Is pretty good for my usage. I don't even bother with the sticky pads.
Allegedly, developed by a T1 too! :)

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd still suggest KT tape over the top. But the other thing: I use my libre on the side of my leg now and its out of the way. Accuracy is good, reliability is good, its not approved for use there by Abbot, but I've not had issues with mine.
Tape would be the best solution but I don't wear the miaomi
I've had similar issue working with multi layers & MM. I don't stick the MM to the sensor. Damage limitation if the MM pulls?
The official armband that came with the kit moves.
I didn't want to use a "snap on" holder for the same reason too.

The aftermarket holder/strap, (pictured up thread.) I took a punt on.
I've had for 3/4 weeks? Is pretty good for my usage. I don't even bother with the sticky pads.
Allegedly, developed by a T1 too! :)

That one you show looks ok, I bought an 'aftermarket' one too but it's bigger than that but I find it hard to get the miaomiao in the right place, and it is big, like in the gym I feel like it flashes as I've caught people looking at it (not yet quite adjusted to the hidden illness being in plain sight) you say about 'damage limitation' and not sticking it on which is what I thought and I like to take it off for swimming.

Still alternating the back of my arms as that's where it's approved for use on.

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I put mine on my belly it’s not recommended but I checked it against a finger prick and all seems good not had any fall off. Besides my belly is bigger than my arm lol so bigger target hehehe

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That one you show looks ok, I bought an 'aftermarket' one too but it's bigger than that but I find it hard to get the miaomiao in the right place, and it is big, like in the gym I feel like it flashes as I've caught people looking at it (not yet quite adjusted to the hidden illness being in plain sight) you say about 'damage limitation' and not sticking it on which is what I thought and I like to take it off for swimming.

Still alternating the back of my arms as that's where it's approved for use on.

Yeah, "damage limitation." if my MM2 was to come unstuck from the skin.? Then you can bet your last insulin cartridge it will stick like a limpit plastic to plastic with the Libre & take it with it?

I still self fund. & though I've never had issue to date with the actual Libre adhesion. (I've experimented & left a couple for at least 2to3 days over the lifecycle.?)

I remove my MM from time to time too. Pop the armband back on & Xdrip picks up & backdates where it left off.

I feel that the Miaomiao is an "aftermarket" addon with the Libre. If there was an issue? I don't think Abbott would support it.
The less evidence of "contact" they ever had. The better.. ;)

Plus, I don't feel the Freddie Murcury armband. (About 10/12mm wide?) The sensor & MM is tucked on the inside of the arm. So less obtrusive. The back of the arms is the place approved by Abbott, but I've not experinced "compression lows" as I don't seem to be sleeping on top of it? (Putting the pressure down directly onto the mattress?)

I know what your saying. "Hidden illness." That's my buisness too! The only time mine realy gets "flashed" is at gigs..
To date, I've never really had anyone that bothered.

If you're at the gym, they may only see it as a flashy "wearable." :) Which are quite common now in the form of watches.

landylara

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Driving.
I use Skin-Tac. I got it off a site called funky pumpers. When you go to pay put in that your diabetic and they don't charge you VAT