Self employed and Coronavirus

MarkHaZ123

Hi

I am type 1 diabetic and have been since I was 7. I am now 33.
It is pretty well controlled 95% of the time.
I am a self employed builder. With all the scare with Coronavirus in the news with regards to self isolating. How likely is it that this will be made definite?
If it was to become compulsory how am I meant to be able to pay for bills if I cant work? If you could advise best route I could take.

Thanks
This has been my main worry.
I am a self employed bathroom fitter. Iv seen reports of vulnerable like us hiding away for 12 weeks but that just isn't going to happen.
Iv said if the government gave grants out of maybe £5k then I would be able to hide no problem at all for 12 weeks but less than that I am struggling

I have said il ask all my customers if they are happy for me to work and thankfully all my jobs coming up till May don't involve elderly or children in the home.
My next job I'm there 2 weeks and they have said that's fine to work

Unless we get stopped what can they do. It's all about customers or government stopping us and if it was the government they'd have to fund it somehow

MarkHaZ123

Somebody put it about that one of the symptoms was severe diarrhea that may account for it.
It's not at all.. I was looking up on this today. No runny nose or diarrhea generally so it's pointless buying so much
FB_IMG_1584527433693.jpg

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am a self employed bathroom fitter

Working in people's home can clearly be high risk, is there anyway to find work in empty buildings or outside?

In our home as my wife is in a high risk groups and we only have one bathroom, I would have to cancel. But I am about to phone some plasters as I got an empty rental property that I would benfit from help from a skilled trades person. The job will be on rated people if I don't find someone quickly.

Hopefully I will be ready for carpet fitters in a few weeks.

Remember a 2m distance between people along with washing hands often removes most of the risk.

Last edited:

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Just noting that if you stand in the centre of your average 12' * 12' room then the walls all round are less than 2 metres away so nobody else should be in there with you.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just noting that if you stand in the centre of your average 12' * 12' room then the walls all round are less than 2 metres away so nobody else should be in there with you.
Don't stand in the centre?

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.