Hypo Supplies

Wayward Blood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
[Spoiler Alert] The Coronavirus is causing a few problems out there. Currently I'm able to get hold of everything I need for my Type 1 diabetes, but I feel it's prudent to plan ahead in case of supply issues.

Currently I treat any low blood sugars with dextrose tablets. I've stocked up with a few packs, but I've also taken an additional precaution. Someone on a diabetes Facebook group suggested getting hold of bulk glucose powder and diluting it in water to treat hypos. You can find it here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/BULK-POWDE...4614603&sprefix=glucose+powder,aps,139&sr=8-1

The person who posted said they're mixing 56g of powder to 700ml of water – apparently that works out as the equivalent of two dextrose tablets for every 100ml and it's very fast acting.

Reactions: GedMason

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The person who posted said they're mixing 56g of powder to 700ml of water – apparently that works out as the equivalent of two dextrose tablets for every 100ml and it's very fast acting.

Well I know when I was young my parents dissolved sugar in water for me to drink (about 40 years ago) when hypo'ing

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
You can buy 24 packs of dextro tabs on Amazon for about £20 still. I get mine in Home Bargains at a quid for two.

Reactions: Wayward Blood

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Seems to be loads of Jelly Babies in Asda at the mo. 1 JB = 5g carbs

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Seems like the only stuff you can buy is sugary **** and I have no issues getting lucosade (my usual hypo treatment) .
More worried about being low carb and not being able to buy non chocolatey eggs!!

GedMason

[Spoiler Alert] The Coronavirus is causing a few problems out there. Currently I'm able to get hold of everything I need for my Type 1 diabetes, but I feel it's prudent to plan ahead in case of supply issues.

Currently I treat any low blood sugars with dextrose tablets. I've stocked up with a few packs, but I've also taken an additional precaution. Someone on a diabetes Facebook group suggested getting hold of bulk glucose powder and diluting it in water to treat hypos. You can find it here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/BULK-POWDE...4614603&sprefix=glucose+powder,aps,139&sr=8-1

Thank you for link

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I sometimes use dried fruit, dates in particular. Delicious, and a good excuse to have one without a jab.