What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Went shopping this morning - about 8 am not 7, after all. Roads were fairly busy but there were parking spaces at both supermarkets. However, despite being early in the morning, there was precious little on the shelves. No cow's milk whatsoever, nor goat's. Some almond and oat milk, but they are no use to me. No soya milk either. No butter, a few packs of cheese. Some veg, but not all I wanted. No meat either, which was a surprise. Did get a box of tissues and one kitchen roll AND a bottle of bleach and one carton of cream and one carton of greek yoghurt. So much for there being no shortages. Shelves would have been stocked with what was available during the night, so it isn't that people had flooded in and stripped the shelves again. About 9.15 parked and Neil went to both pharmacies in town for me, only to find them shut and notices up on the doors that they wouldn't be opening until later in the day. Must be some sort of special training for staff, I suppose. Bit of a pain though. At least the bill was a bit less than I expected, but come to think of it, not sufficiently less considering the small amount I bought. Must check the prices.

Talking of pain - my toe is improved because I did manage to hack away at the troublesome nail last night and relieve the pressure on it so it will probably not cause much problem. Couldn't do anything about the other foot though - being right handed, I can't bend down to my right foot, although I can just reach my left with an effort. I really don't want to ask Neil to cut my toenails for me. I'm sure he would - he used to do his father's toe and finger nails, when no-one else was allowed to touch them. But still ...

When we came back - about 10 - I fell asleep again and then when I woke up - about 11, I had some cheese and another cup of tea. Lunch will be some more of the spicy veg - probably in a frittata. Dinner will be some oxtail stew which I took out of the freezer last night. I'll have to drink black coffee since my milk is running out - seriously dislike black tea unless it is very weak China style.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Breakfast: AMT - sweetened; L: CWC: Main meal: will be mackerel and avocado salad with seeds maybe some of the 10% Greek yogurt plus some Sainsbury’s 85% choc grated into it.
Bill and Ben have come home. Bill is lighter, has a blue collar and is the naughty one
rCrCfZHFSsIb7vddmvKTJHFCjjtbU-rg3uecfyBXw7Fd3UqBUSNOY5AkkkRuKsIJJHEFW05V2L5Ezj4B_2t31rdZbtkuqMeCyfgOfT7xmRJZnWTvIeGY_2fxBgZkbSijBf9r-EU5

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Breakfast: AMT - sweetened; L: CWC: Main meal: will be mackerel and avocado salad with seeds maybe some of the 10% Greek yogurt plus some Sainsbury’s 85% choc grated into it.
Bill and Ben have come home. Bill is lighter, has a blue collar and is the naughty one
rCrCfZHFSsIb7vddmvKTJHFCjjtbU-rg3uecfyBXw7Fd3UqBUSNOY5AkkkRuKsIJJHEFW05V2L5Ezj4B_2t31rdZbtkuqMeCyfgOfT7xmRJZnWTvIeGY_2fxBgZkbSijBf9r-EU5

nope. You are wrong there. They are BOTH the naughty one. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
They are gorgeous!

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.

Wow!! Gorgeous!! I am SO envious.

I had two litter mate Labs - boy and a girl - a few years ago (about 25ish so more than a few really) who were wonderful but were real chewers. And @Brunneria is right they were both the naughty one. More pictures please.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

They are gorgeous. Happy days ahead for the ianpspurs clan.

Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Black coffee early but I’ve been hungry today so had brunch of DD breakfast sandwich.
Cheese and macadamia nuts early afternoon.
Dinner was DD keto Chinese pork stew with cabbage. Really liked this, it made a nice change from the usual creamy cheesy sauces. Had a lump of cheddar afterwards though. And a glass of red.
I’m doing my first shift tomorrow volunteering to take medical supplies to self isolating patients. Hope I can find the addresses, there are a lot of off grid houses round here.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They are gorgeous. Happy days ahead for the ianpspurs clan.
Right now they are very like our old lab. Bill knows to sit for an outstretched flat hand but mainly expecting praise. He seems to know "no thank you" as well. Hope tomorrow goes well - fantastic thing to do. Dogs now flat out cuddling each other after watching TV - just like us wrinklies. On topic, can't be bothered to eat Greek yogurt but did eat the choc which was nice but at top end of what I can tolerate.
VbQKmdJlbEyHmpSXHYjR36bSWi9AQaxBgC3JPakm1qOKzOZBiON3HJ3GBphWPPIarSwYnOVa23uFEMOBQgGY6e01nhJBmgqGEPYeutV7Hat0AhFYhUkn-x411qFZPAC0RQeGuoUp

Last edited:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Right now they are very like our old lab. Bill knows to sit for an outstretched flat hand but mainly expecting praise. He seems to know no thank you as well. Hope tomorrow goes well - fantastic thing to do. Dogs now flat out cuddling each other after watching TV - just like us wrinklies.

The puppies are gorgeous and almost make me change my mind about having animals in the house. Almost!

My floor cleaning lady came in, so I didn't have my intended frittata, just a few forkfuls of the vegetables. I will have the oxtail stew shortly.

According to my cleaning lady, who is a carer for the council, things are going from bad to worse in this Island community. Pharmacies are said to be opening only for a couple of hours each day and to have no supplies of inhalers (not expecting to be in stock for a couple of weeks). I don't need them, but one elderly lady "at risk" due to COPD, who has a care package from the council, has been found by her carer (my cleaner) in serious distress, fighting for breath four days in a row. The carer called for an ambulance, which would not come out, NHS 24 who recommended calling the GP. No GP would come out, nor even a nurse. She called 999 and was told that the hospital would not accept the patient. She then called the surgery for a prescription (inhaler) only to be told that no pharmacies would be open and, in any case, there would be no inhalers for 2 weeks. Nobody could do anything for her, so she has to carry on as she is. She called NHS 24 who recommended calling the GP. I was appalled when the carer told me about all this. Who can we rely on in this troubled time?

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
breakfast: home made pecan granola, one slice burgen
lunch: vegetable soup, two cheese muffins. homemade keto cheesecake and seven cherries
dinner: three sausages, poached egg and two tinned plum tomatoes. Protein bar
snacks: one square of 90% godiva

visited local co-op, pretty bare, no bread (that's fine for me), but no eggs. bought a block of butter whilst it was there:)

D

Deleted member 308541

Breakfast: Only a two egg cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon, tomatoes.
Lunch: Sardines and onion sandwich. (Dunno how long we had the sardines, but have not bought any in a while.)
Dinner: Pork chops and veggies, gravy.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugars, water.

Got some rationing on, as eggs have a purchase limit of two dozen a shop.

Our pharmacy is running out of face masks for their staff, the delivery lady had one one on when he delivered yesterday. I gave her five of my P2 masks so she will ok for the deliveries for a while.

Temp. 36.7° last night.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Now you need little weed?

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs I am envious. I have 2 labradoodle litter mates best decision I ever made. Trouble x2 but very cute and exceptionally loving. If you get half as much pleasure as I get you are very blessed.
To keep on track I have had a burger and lots of coffee today off for fasting lipids and Hba1c in the morning

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I've eaten lots been bored , do i feel guilty ? nah :) Like someone pointed out on a new year thread . There's always April lol

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs I am envious. I have 2 labradoodle litter mates best decision I ever made. Trouble x2 but very cute and exceptionally loving. If you get half as much pleasure as I get you are very blessed.
To keep on track I have had a burger and lots of coffee today off for fasting lipids and Hba1c in the morning
Hope the tests go well in the morning. Good to know the labradoodles are such good companions. These 2 are springadors.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Annb - that's a shocking story. Surely someone somewhere on the Island has an inhaler. Please tell me she got help from someone? My son ordered a double dose of inhalers last week and I'm going with my DIL tomorrow to collect them and an eight week order of my meds. Obviously we don't have your issues of delivery from the mainland. @ianpspurs - thanks for posting the photos. They cheered me so much as I was feeling rather down.
My day started well enough. We went this morning to Toyota and I had my first experience of Elbow bump greeting which was quite fun. I got all my questions answered and it was a question of whether I could live without some of the features I currently have. They came up with some interesting solutions for me. The amount that is standard is incredible so car is now ordered. He went around their various branches and was able to offer different delivery dates so the one I opted for is 14 May which was better than expected. Now I just have to hope my current car keeps going until then. Picked up paint from B&Q on the way back and took DIL to work. I felt OK until about 5pm when once again I took a funny turn. I was chilled, really cold, wave of nausea and giddy. BGs were OK at 4.9. Got some water down me while Hubby took over dinner. I've since had a hot, steamy shower and another coating of Vic and something to eat. Food? Not a lot.
B. TAG
L. Slice Morrisons High protein bread with 2 Dairylea triangles.
D. Pork chop - it was the oven baked DD recipe with a strange cheese sauce which was surprisingly tasty. I only had the chop once the nausea wave passed over.
Whatever I've had is odd. I feel fine now but that's a few times now this wave has occurred. Hubby is nagging me to eat some chocolate. Decided against any more meds today but keeping an eye on BGs.

Reactions: Annb

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
701A7E20-28CC-4FB0-8EDB-96D5D74FD666.jpeg
Tescos delivery today! Yay!
And what a bizarre collection of substitutes.
The order was for £120
The value of the food rec’d was £65
At least half of it was substitutions :hilarious:
And some were v interesting.

hey ho. Next available slot already booked - in 18 days!
We have already decided that our local butcher is the way to go. Bless the place.

b: scram eggs
L: burglars
D: chicken korma and a mouthful of dhal

Today’s pic to make you smile (I hope) is for you @Annb

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Those pupsters are adorable. I trust they will bring you huge delight and a few chewed shoes, table legs, cushions or whatever. :)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
View attachment 39544 Tescos delivery today! Yay!
And what a bizarre collection of substitutes.
The order was for £120
The value of the food rec’d was £65
At least half of it was substitutions :hilarious:
And some were v interesting.

hey ho. Next available slot already booked - in 18 days!
We have already decided that our local butcher is the way to go. Bless the place.

b: scram eggs
L: burglars
D: chicken korma and a mouthful of dhal

Today’s pic to make you smile (I hope) is for you @Annb

Thanks for the pic. Lovely flower (that's you as well as the plant).

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
@Annb - that's a shocking story. Surely someone somewhere on the Island has an inhaler. Please tell me she got help from someone? My son ordered a double dose of inhalers last week and I'm going with my DIL tomorrow to collect them and an eight week order of my meds. Obviously we don't have your issues of delivery from the mainland.

My cleaner lady had to leave the lady in question with a neighbour - breaking all the rules, but what could she do? She has lots of clients to care for and had to move on. She worries that she will go in tomorrow, or the day after and find the lady dead. The Western Isles Council is appealing for volunteers to come forward to help with the care work for its many clients. People don't need to be qualified in any way - just not in an "at risk" group. Luckily we don't have many con merchants or thieves on the Island. No 2 son says there is a rumour that posties will be asked to provide community support instead of delivering mail (there has been a strike ballot with 90% support and the union has suggested that they might do this).