Is it worth switching from a Codefree to GlucoNavii ??

Oil Drum

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Title says it all any expereience from anybody who has tried both the CodeFree and the GlucoNavii ??? I have used the CodeFree for years after trying haf a dozen other types so just wondering if it was worth the change ?

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Only speaking from personal experience. I started with the SD CodeFree. They had a bad couple of batches of strips and I changed to Tee2. This was based on the running costs of the strips.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Let my codefree fall and break, company were great. So stuck with them
Saw the new navii, thought I'd try.
Was on offer, free if you bought strips.
So far good.. Reads a little bit lower then the code free, so I guess that's nice.
Is it more accurate.. Don't know.
Matches the foods as I measured before, so seems consistent.

To me all the devices have an error range, but really it's more about the trend, imho.

If it's out today, by 1.. It will be our tomorrow by 1.. If trend starts to climb you will still know and can take action.

Looking back would I swap.. Probably, the meter strips seen to require less blood to function, so I don't seem to have had any cases where I got an error and had to repeat, so maybe a little more cost effective.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I have a code free but it's in a cupboard somewhere I had no problem with it for quite a while then my readings started to get erratic and had loads of error messages caused me to waste a lot of strips I now use mainly the caresens duel strips a little bit more expensive but I am happy with it.

I do not have their GlucoNavii but have heard that it is more reliable and accurate.

If you are unhappy with the codefree it may be worth changing.

Reactions: jjraak

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Unless you have a reason to change then why change? - unless you are the type of person who must always have the latest phone, or a new car etc.
- I'm not.

Reactions: jjraak

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Unless you have a reason to change then why change? - unless you are the type of person who must always have the latest phone, or a new car etc.
- I'm not.
What like me you mean.:)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Title says it all any expereience from anybody who has tried both the CodeFree and the GlucoNavii ??? I have used the CodeFree for years after trying haf a dozen other types so just wondering if it was worth the change ?
I swapped over when offered it, and quite like it.

I believe the Gluco Navii is a more modern meter and could eventually be the Codefree's replacement.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/tee2-vs-gluco-navii-results.172918/
Just run a parallel test of the Tee2 and the Gluco Navi

I have found the Tee2 to be more representative of my HbA1c outcomes than either the SD Codefree or the Gluco-Navii.

When I ran a parallel test for the Tee2 against the SD Codefree the averages were
Tee2 4.7 mmol/l
SD Codefree 5.5 mmol/l