Coronavirus and Working?

Self isolate or continue to work?

• Total voters

foster_kid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone, I’ve been a type 1 diabetic for nearly 20 years now and I also have coeliac disease. I take 4 injections a day and also 4 metofirm tablets. I am 25 years old and I am a retail worker so I be up close and personal with the general public on a daily basis, as my field of work is based around providing customer service. Recently I was put on a ramipril, Simvastatin and a iron tablet as my blood count is low. I was told I had a very low immune system and needed to go on a multivitamin. I am getting concerned about the coronavirus and I’m unsure if I should be isolating or continuing to work? Does anyone have any advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Redvee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Your employer should have spoken to you about this in the last few days as the advice I've ben given by mine is the Goverment is telling anyone with health issues such as diabetes etc regardless of T1 or T2 should isoloate from 23/03 for 12 weeks. Mine starts when I finish Friday night, still have to finalise a few details tomorrow but I'm working with the welfare guy in work so will be firing questions at him all shift.

foster_kid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone, I’ve been a type 1 diabetic for nearly 20 years now. I take 4 injections a day and also 4 metofirm tablets. I am 25 years old and I am a retail worker so I be up close and personal with the general public on a daily basis, as my field of work is based around providing customer service. Recently I was put on both a ramipril and Simvastatin tablet. I was told my immune system was not good atm and I would need to be taking a multivitamin also. I am getting concerned about the coronavirus and I’m unsure if I should be isolating or continuing to work? Does anyone have any advice, it would be greatly appreciated.
Your employer should have spoken to you about this in the last few days as the advice I've ben given by mine is the Goverment is telling anyone with health issues such as diabetes etc regardless of T1 or T2 should isoloate from 23/03 for 12 weeks. Mine starts when I finish Friday night, still have to finalise a few details tomorrow but I'm working with the welfare guy in work so will be firing questions at him all shift.
hi, the advice I was given by hr was that they can’t tell me to go of work and it’s my choose. I rang them for advice and stated everything and they basically told me to practise good hygiene and continue to work if I can. So I’m very confused.