HbA1c

Welshman1952

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi guys. Well today I've had a bit of a rude awakening. My HbA result just came back and it was 47. Not the best news I've ever had and I know it's happened because I became complacent. Two years ago it was a healthy 38 and had been for a couple if years. Since then I've let my diet go and allowed my weight to go up.

So I guess now it's time to pay the piper and work on bringing that result back down. Really upset and angry with myself to be honest because I know I have let a lot of people down. Nothing much I can do tonight but I must change.

My "it can't happen to me" attitude can't continue because quite clearly it can .. and has.

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
Be kind to yourself firstly, secondly be kind to yourself.

You know all you need to know... prove you can still be the fighter you are

Po

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Absolutely agree with @poemagraphic. Beating yourself up is a waste of energy.

I tell new members, just starting out on lc or keto, they will fall off the wagon. They should just climb back on the wagon and treat it as part of their education.

So you fell of the wagon. You are not right in the diabetic range. Time to get a bit anal with the diet and testing :)

Welshman1952

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks both for the kind words. You are both right of course and I do know what to do. Tonight I tested after my evening meal and it came out at 5.6 so I am back on track. Sadly tonight my wife is both upset and angry about my result. I don't blame her - she has been through a lot and this added stress has been unfair to her. Hopefully the coming weeks will change her view

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dietary control of T2 is fraught with "slippery slopes". It's not easy being vigilant and disciplined all the time, and I have nothing but respect and admiration for those who can do it, and empathy and support for those who struggle, as I do. You got this.

Reactions: Welshman1952

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have come back from a Hba1c of 91 so my advice is to reduce the carbs to see your numbers fall and stick to what you can see works for you.

Reactions: Welshman1952

Paulm80

Thanks both for the kind words. You are both right of course and I do know what to do. Tonight I tested after my evening meal and it came out at 5.6 so I am back on track. Sadly tonight my wife is both upset and angry about my result. I don't blame her - she has been through a lot and this added stress has been unfair to her. Hopefully the coming weeks will change her view

Typical women!

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm another type 2 (only in my first year of diagnosis) though.

I really feel for you- a lifetime is a long time to keep on the straight and narrow. T

Don't beat yourself up- just get back to doing what you need.

It's good that your wife loves you enough to be upset and angry. That will help your motivation.