What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
5.8 ,really happy because not being able to get the normal essentials because of panic buying we have had to eat instant mash wish sausages which my mum gave us . Going to try get some food later . Hope now the supermarkets have put restrictions we may stand a chance of actually getting real food as i call it .

Welshman1952

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This morning mine was a slightly healthier 6.0. Not quite what I used to be a couple of years ago but getting better now I am back on track. My "relapse" into a few old ways us a perfect example of how my body simply doesn't handle carbs well.

Well that's history now and it's good to be back.

Shame that so many people I knew on here from a few years ago now seem to have poofed. Hope they are all well.

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
6.1 and now I have woken up with a sore throat and runny nose no fever but now panicking because of the covid 19 virus . will have to get my brothers to go in and care for my mum can't risk it and won't be able to see my son and grandson now today for Mother's day :(

Barb McD

3.8@6am

Hey @wacky, my lot are are also out of arms reach today so I’ve prepared a list of things to do that centres around good memories. Photo albums being rearranged, keepsakes sorted, my OCD is singing Hallelujah . Hang tough, got your back...sending good thoughts. Get better soon.

B

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
3.8@6am

Hey @wacky, my lot are are also out of arms reach today so I’ve prepared a list of things to do that centres around good memories. Photo albums being rearranged, keepsakes sorted, my OCD is singing Hallelujah . Hang tough, got your back...sending good thoughts. Get better soon.

B
That's a good idea , might even go in the hot tub if i am brave enough we only just put it outside with a paritial enclosure but still trying to brave it lol . Happy Mother's day to you hope you have a lovely day and thank you :)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's a good idea , might even go in the hot tub if i am brave enough we only just put it outside with a paritial enclosure but still trying to brave it lol . Happy Mother's day to you hope you have a lovely day and thank you :)
Don’t know where you are, @WackyJacky64 , but if it is anywhere near where I am I would recommend wearing thermals in the hot tub.

My gift from my kids is that they are staying away, but I will be making a nice dinner for Significant Other, and raising a glass to them, in gratitude for the way they turned out in spite of the way we parented them.

I got a 6.8 reading first thing this morning. Better than it has been. Room for improvement.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.3 today my grandson has stayed at uni this weekend so he won't be seeing his mum today who lives with us yesterday he was not feeling too well and was reporting a slight breathlessness but that could be a number of things will see how he is today when he contacts us.

For us no chance of even a hot bath unless we are foolish enough to carry boiling water up stairs will be having scaffolding erected at the back of the house tomorrow and a new boiler and flue sorted on Tuesday and Wednesday draw back of that is workmen in and out of our house I will stay in my room till they have finished I think.

Reactions: karen8967