Low carb breakfast, lunch and snacks..

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Guys,
Looking for simple to prepare ideas for breakfast, lunch and some hunger pang snacks that I can take as a pack up for work. I’m ok with repetitive stuff and don’t want anything fancy. Is there anywhere to recommend looking for these, or any suggestions you may have?

Many thanks in advance.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Guys,
Looking for simple to prepare ideas for breakfast, lunch and some hunger pang snacks that I can take as a pack up for work. I’m ok with repetitive stuff and don’t want anything fancy. Is there anywhere to recommend looking for these, or any suggestions you may have?

Many thanks in advance.

In terms of snacks, most of the major supermarkets sell some combination of small (25 - 30g) packs of nuts, pork scratchings, individual portions of cheese, packs of cold cuts, hard boiled eggs and so on. You can either carry these with you or get to know which stores stock what in case you get a sudden urge to eat.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You could make up a batch of homemade soup, however low carb you like. Stick it in a flask (there are loads of really good ones about) and there you go, ready to take swigs from and hot whenever you want. I take cheese sticks/nuts/olives/boiled eggs/can of salmon, etc. too. x

D

Deleted member 308541

Bacon and eggs with mushrooms etc are easy to cook for breakfast.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
For packed lunch I typically take:

Nuts
Aldi nut bars
Apple
Satsuma
Cheese
Aldi protein pots
Diet Coke
Cooked meats
Pickled hard boiled eggs

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I eat breakfast, have coffee with cream and don't need to eat again until evening - I have a fairly substantial meal, sometimes even steak and stirfry - but that is what people used to eat back before breakfast cereals were invented.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
You can have greek, full fat yoghurt with berries,but its not filling for long. Better to cook eggs and bacon.
Or for days when you dont have time to cook I make a nut based granola, easy with a splash of milk. Keeps me full for hours.
Got the recipe from the web. Search Grain Free Granola
One batch makes about 14-15 portions.

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For years I ate nuts and fruit for lunch and I've gone back to that - just about zero preparation! Sometime's I swop the nuts for cheese.