Diabetes and work

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi there
I don’t know if anyone has just heard the latest news but it sounds like from next week people with existing health conditions including diabetes will be told to self isolate for twelve weeks .Does that mean that you will be able to not work and still get the 80 percent wages ? My husbands job had been cut from five days to three but it sounds like he shouldn’t even be going in He’s type 2

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi there
I don’t know if anyone has just heard the latest news but it sounds like from next week people with existing health conditions including diabetes will be told to self isolate for twelve weeks .Does that mean that you will be able to not work and still get the 80 percent wages ? My husbands job had been cut from five days to three but it sounds like he shouldn’t even be going in He’s type 2

Hi,

All the information that has been released so far is here:

https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

You can read it all in detail there.

Any changes or developments will be updated as the press conferences release the information.

Jan30012016

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am unsure if it does include Diabetes as it said 1.5 million to stay at home, there is around 4 million that have Diabetes in the uk.
Apparently our gp surgery will contact those most at risk.
I will be ringing them monday morning. I really don't want to be stuck in for that long.
If anyone else knows of any other info, please reply.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am unsure if it does include Diabetes as it said 1.5 million to stay at home, there is around 4 million that have Diabetes in the uk.
Apparently our gp surgery will contact those most at risk.
I will be ringing them monday morning. I really don't want to be stuck in for that long.
If anyone else knows of any other info, please reply.

the gov.uk website updated its info at 10pm tonight.

I have had a look at the new info but haven’t read it in detail yet.

It looks like people with diabetes are still in the strongly advised to socially distance group, and that the extremely vulnerable group (other health conditions such as COPD, cancer and cystic fibrosis) are now being given more info.

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
I feel that regardless of what the NHS and Government 'advises' Because NOTHING will be 'Enforced!

If you can stay away from people and work DO. Your life and everybody's life is priceless.
We need to put health and well-being over and above any fiscal remuneration as much as we all individually can possibly manage.

Jan30012016

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I agree...
I am worried I must admit

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200322-080308_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200322-080308_Chrome.jpg
    700.7 KB · Views: 124
  • Screenshot_20200322-080539_Chrome.jpg