SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all,
I need my 5 badge back so must try harder.
I phoned the police yesterday to report criminal damage... next door's kitchen window was smashed. Then phoned the owner to tell him. Never even said thank you!!!
On a much brighter front, the sun's out again so another garden bash
Have a great day and happy Mothering Sunday :happy::happy:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning, it's a sunny one too.

Even in these dark times, the sun has peeped out on Mothering Sunday. So, I would like to wish mum's, past, present and soon to be mums

A VERY HAPPY MOTHERS DAY
il_340x270.1368673408_eof3.jpg

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning all. How is everyone today?
Our older daughter, a teacher, will be most probably be teaching the children of key workers. She’s a biologist, she knows about viruses and ease of transmission.
She’s tired, it’s nearly the end of term. There’s no real information yet about which schools will be chosen as centres, how many teachers will be available, whether or not there’ll be shift patterns, whether children will be separated according to contact risks from home, whether testing kits will be available . . . All the staff are stressed, on edge and ready to break . . . A little more information, who, where, how, is needed to reduce the uncertainties. I want to hug her, to hold her here and not let her out of my sight. But we must talk on FaceTime.
@MeiChanski, I understand your dilemma, we really need some firm guidelines about rent holidays. Think of your parents too, how would they feel if you were infected?

Reactions: hh1 and kev-w

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, woke to a 6.6 but had hot cross bun for breakfast as a Mother’s Day treat so now up at 12, planning to go for a walk in the woods near our house so will probably end up hypo I miss the days of going for a walk and just taking a key, now it’s jelly babies in one pocket, libre in the other.

Happy Mother’s Day to all the other mums, whether you are with your kids or not today have a great day x

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning y'all, a nice waking 5.3 and eggs benedict for breakfast as the muffins were fresher than the wholemeal I'm nursing along :p
I had my youngest staying last night but her mum doesn't think much of my suggestion I should lock down and keep her :) :) A trip to the crem shortly before getting back on the wholemeal bread hunt then I may go panic buy 6 interior doors from B&Q as my living room's like a building site at the moment, I really hope the council tip's open this week too as I've a fair bit more plaster rubble to get rid of.

Reactions: karen8967 and hh1

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
(Late) morning all, been out for an hour and a half walking my dog across fields. Saw no-one except the friend I was walking with - a sensible distance apart at all times!

Just heard from my stepson who lives in Barcelona; they're really in lockdown, with no going out except for essential food, pharmacies etc. It's so quiet that at midday yesterday the equivalent of our Oxford Street had not a single person on it. There've also been reports of wild boar in the city as it's so quiet (not sure if I believe that or if they're like our flying pigs?!)

Happy Mother's Day if it applies to you; have a good day if it doesn't.

JPW1

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Little experiment this morning - usually I take breakfast and coffee immediatly and dose insulin for 40g. This morning I took my coffee as usual as soon as I got up and waited maybe 1 1/2 hours before breakfast when I was a a bit higher than usual at 7.3 (I was lowish at bedtime and scoffed a bit of leftover pizza sans insulin!). The result of this was that my lunchtime BG reading was lower than it usually would be at lunchtime (5.1). Gap between brekkie and lunch was fairly typical. So, I found that interesting - (of course since its diabetes we're discussing there could be an infinite number of explanations!!)

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all. How is everyone today?
Our older daughter, a teacher, will be most probably be teaching the children of key workers. She’s a biologist, she knows about viruses and ease of transmission.
She’s tired, it’s nearly the end of term. There’s no real information yet about which schools will be chosen as centres, how many teachers will be available, whether or not there’ll be shift patterns, whether children will be separated according to contact risks from home, whether testing kits will be available . . . All the staff are stressed, on edge and ready to break . . . A little more information, who, where, how, is needed to reduce the uncertainties. I want to hug her, to hold her here and not let her out of my sight. But we must talk on FaceTime.
@MeiChanski, I understand your dilemma, we really need some firm guidelines about rent holidays. Think of your parents too, how would they feel if you were infected?
My son is a policeman, so will have to continue to work whatever. He had colleagues coughed on and spat at last night and eggs thrown at them. These people need locking up and the key throwing away.
Re schools I thought it was up to each individual authority to sort out the details. I know my old school has staff on a rota over the week.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
My son is a policeman, so will have to continue to work whatever. He had colleagues coughed on and spat at last night and eggs thrown at them. These people need locking up and the key throwing away.
Re schools I thought it was up to each individual authority to sort out the details. I know my old school has staff on a rota over the week.
I saw that in the news today. What is WRONG with these people? Some of my ambulance service colleagues have been abused in the street and called “disease spreaders”, it’s awful.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A cracking little 5 miler with a blood of 3.5 when I got back, a Twix finger & a dextrose tab and I'm 4.9 with a .6 rise just then but I've not ridden much lately so there's bound to be teething problems.

I didn't panic buy any doors.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm delighted our elderly and vulnerable congregation all chose to stay at home today. Also delighted at those who appreciated my online efforts on our social media.

It's been such a weird few days. Tomorrow will be soon enough to think about the current normal. Today is now devoted to slobbing at home.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
It’s atrocious behavior and shocked me when I read about it. They are potentially responsible for the death of someone and should be jailed, but no one probably has the resources right now to deal with it. And these will be the same people that will scream for help when they need it.

And @LooperCat that’s just as bad, people are risking their lives to help and they get that kind of treatment? You have to wonder how some of these people are/were being raised.

Just awful.

Last edited:

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
And in a separate note, lol........Happy Mother's Day!!!!! In the US it's not until May!

I would say smart little greeting card companies to get different days in different countries! But I don't actually think they had a hand in anything to do with it. Although I'm not sure how Anna Jarvis picked May as the first celebration and she is the American that started the tradition in the US. But since she condemned the commercialization of it, I'm sure it had nothing to do with greeting card companies!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Evening. Quiet day today, I updated my will after procrastinating for about a decade. You never know. Sugars been pretty good, running 6s because is didn’t sleep so well last night. Hope all you mums had a lovely Mothering Sunday, my son took the approach of ignoring it and hoping I wouldn’t notice. Wondering whether to take the same approach with his pocket money tomorrow...

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning, a lovely 6 on waking. Happy! Hard frost, but sun is rising and it looks wonderful over the fields that I can see from my bedroom window. Mist rising over the river. Helps to get rid of the awful feeling in the pit of your stomach, which is present when you wake. Stay safe everyone.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

Sensitive sally is making things difficult again with BG and my job. I woke up on 10.5 though, so I accept that after eating a slice of cake and an egg mayo sandwich with white bread.

I will speak to my manager tomorrow about the faff with social distancing etc. I don’t think she’ll approve but 2 diabetics have taken some time off. One has type 1 with a sore throat but manager had a dig at her because apparently that’s not a symptom of the Coronavirus. But I’m like “if she has high BG and ketones, whether it’s the Coronavirus or not, it is still very serious.” (Yall remember my throat infection, I could talk perfectly fine and I didn’t know I had it) and another with type 2 who isn’t going to take his chances and signed off.

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Woke up to a 7.3 but my Libre says 2.5 all night, so I guess this one is now duff. Shame, it had been pretty accurate so far but I was in to the last 24 hours of it, it must have started coming unstuck.

First proper day of life alone with the kids today, husband is going to work from home some days but the nature of his work means it’s not possible every day, so he’s gone in this morning. Perhaps I need to create a decontamination area on the drive using the Wendy house and a hose for when he gets back...

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello friends,

Sensitive sally is making things difficult again with BG and my job. I woke up on 10.5 though, so I accept that after eating a slice of cake and an egg mayo sandwich with white bread.

I will speak to my manager tomorrow about the faff with social distancing etc. I don’t think she’ll approve but 2 diabetics have taken some time off. One has type 1 with a sore throat but manager had a dig at her because apparently that’s not a symptom of the Coronavirus. But I’m like “if she has high BG and ketones, whether it’s the Coronavirus or not, it is still very serious.” (Yall remember my throat infection, I could talk perfectly fine and I didn’t know I had it) and another with type 2 who isn’t going to take his chances and signed off.
It is a symptom of the virus and should be home so as not to give it to others.

Reactions: MeiChanski

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning from a sunny Somerset. Day off today so hope to get into the garden. Had a message last night from our Business Continuity Team that I am to work from home until told otherwise. I work in a large team of 100 but my section only has 12 people so we’ve set up a WhatsApp group to keep in touch.