Covid 19 advice

craig72

Hi I'm a new user of the forum and just looking for a some advice. I'm type 2 and I'm on 4 x 500mg of metformin I'm due to go back to work tomorrow and I just wanted to know if this self isolation applies to me or is it just type 1

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No one here can tell you what to do, but as I understand it, self-isolation applies to those with symptoms or on very high risk groups. These are defined by the UK Government as follows:
  • people who have received an organ transplant and remain on ongoing immunosuppression medication
  • people with cancer who are undergoing active chemotherapy or radiotherapy
  • people with cancers of the blood or bone marrow such as leukaemia who are at any stage of treatment
  • people with severe chest conditions such as cystic fibrosis or severe asthma (requiring hospital admissions or courses of steroid tablets)
  • people with severe diseases of body systems, such as severe kidney disease (dialysis)
All of us should be practising social distancing per the following guidance: https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...protecting-older-people-and-vulnerable-adults

You might also find this link helpful: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

craig72

Thanks for your advice I will check the links you suggested. The reason I was asking is because my job involves me working outside around the public

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
Thanks for your advice I will check the links you suggested. The reason I was asking is because my job involves me working outside around the public
You don't say what your job is, you could be classed as a key worker.
The good news is from next week there will be far less people on our streets.
Po

Martinjd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Might be worth asking your employer if they can supply suitable PPE for someone with your condition.