T2 diabetic on insulin

Boo1962

Hi

I’m due back to work tomorrow and am very nervous. I work with 5 consultants and they are going to be coming into contact with Coronavirus patients and then coming into my office. I just wonder if anyone else who works for the NHS has any advice for me?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Definitely speak to your consultants.
There may be ways you can increase your social distancing.
Also remember they will be wearing personal protective equipment when dealing with coronavirus patients.
and also that they will be just as worried as you, and will trying to protect themselves as well as everyone around them, their familes, loved ones and co-workers.

Last edited:

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
If your consultants don't know how to avoid contaminating themselves and People they work with then we are all doomed

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
My wife works at the local hospital they have a HR help line does your's if so it might be worth contacting them my wife has emailed them this evening as she is very unsure about returning to work on Wednesday.

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
My wife works at the local hospital they have a HR help line does your's if so it might be worth contacting them my wife has emailed them this evening as she is very unsure about returning to work on Wednesday.
These are trying times for key workers... I am wondering if my life is worth more than the pittance of pay I receive...
It has been said 'we all have our price' How much would be enough to reimburse me just the for worry... never mind actually going in?
I don't do my job 'just' for the money... if I did I would lock myself away for the next 6 months then have a re-think.
I would bet a weeks wages that your wife is the same.
Po