Self isolate letters or texts regarding Coronavirus

Hello, I was wondering I know we are meant to self distancing ourselves but I got told by my GP I was at high risk so was just wondering what everyone else has been told. Thanks

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Ah yes written in words of fire on tablets of stone commandments from on high.

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
There is nothing on the Gov site for people with Diabetes or people with Heart Disease, or unless pregnant with Heart Disease to isolate. I just don't get it. If we are in the high risk for flu and are called in for flu shots, why the hell are we not in the high risk on the Gov.co.uk? They had a doctor question and answers on LBC last night with people phoning in. He said if you are not mentioned on the list then you do not have to Isolate. Yet on the BHF they say that people with Heart Disease and fitted with a stent, including people with Diabetes are at high risk. Confused or what?

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There is nothing on the Gov site for people with Diabetes or people with Heart Disease, or unless pregnant with Heart Disease to isolate. I just don't get it. If we are in the high risk for flu and are called in for flu shots, why the hell are we not in the high risk on the Gov.co.uk? They had a doctor question and answers on LBC last night with people phoning in. He said if you are not mentioned on the list then you do not have to Isolate. Yet on the BHF they say that people with Heart Disease and fitted with a stent, including people with Diabetes are at high risk. Confused or what?

It's probably because if they did tell 4 million of us (and any others in that 'less vulnerable' group) then they would have to implement the help & assistance that goes with it, ie, home visits by the army with food bags and so on, imagine the logistics of that. Purely down to cost & the fact the system would soon break down.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
It's probably because if they did tell 4 million of us (and any others in that 'less vulnerable' group) then they would have to implement the help & assistance that goes with it, ie, home visits by the army with food bags and so on, imagine the logistics of that. Purely down to cost & the fact the system would soon break down.
Yes I agree. If I am high risk to have a flu jab, I am not listening to them on this Coronavirus. I have been Isolating. Not taking any chances

Reactions: KK123

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@derry60

I think the www.gov.uk site is very clear - plus there is absolutely no reason why people can't self isolate if they are in a position to do so, whether they are on the lists or not.

The www.gov.uk website says that those who are at increased risk of severe illness (including diabetics) should use stringent social distancing, and those who are are greater risk, which they call 'those who may be at particular risk due to complex health problems' should self isolate, and those 'particular individuals' will be receiving a letter in the near future. If people think they should get a letter, but one hasn't arrived by the 29th, then they should check with their doc by phone.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...rable-adults#background-and-scope-of-guidance
We are advising those who are at increased risk of severe illness from coronavirus (COVID-19) to be particularly stringent in following social distancing measures.
This group includes those who are:

Note: there are some clinical conditions which put people at even higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19. If you are in this category, next week the NHS in England will directly contact you with advice about the more stringent measures you should take in order to keep yourself and others safe. For now, you should rigorously follow the social distancing advice in full, outlined below.

People falling into this group are those who may be at particular risk due to complex health problems such as:

• people who have received an organ transplant and remain on ongoing immunosuppression medication
  • people with cancer who are undergoing active chemotherapy or radiotherapy
  • people with cancers of the blood or bone marrow such as leukaemia who are at any stage of treatment
  • people with severe chest conditions such as cystic fibrosis or severe asthma (requiring hospital admissions or courses of steroid tablets)
  • people with severe diseases of body systems, such as severe kidney disease (dialysis)

Reactions: Ceebee2

Elfrizz

My daughter doesn't get a flu jab and is neither type 1 nor type 2 so we don't know whether she should be off work or not.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My daughter doesn't get a flu jab and is neither type 1 nor type 2 so we don't know whether she should be off work or not.
Presumably she’d be in the main category of
work from home if you can
social distance by 2 meters as much as possible,
limit leaving home as much as possible.

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
I’ve not received anything yet. slthough dr (not mine) is sending me a following advice from gov sick not fir 12 weeks so hopefully I can get ssp

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve not received anything yet. slthough dr (not mine) is sending me a following advice from gov sick not fir 12 weeks so hopefully I can get ssp
If you are just type 2 with no complications or other conditions you won’t be getting the isolation letter. See official guidance in my signature

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@derry60

I think the www.gov.uk site is very clear - plus there is absolutely no reason why people can't self isolate if they are in a position to do so, whether they are on the lists or not.

The www.gov.uk website says that those who are at increased risk of severe illness (including diabetics) should use stringent social distancing, and those who are are greater risk, which they call 'those who may be at particular risk due to complex health problems' should self isolate, and those 'particular individuals' will be receiving a letter in the near future. If people think they should get a letter, but one hasn't arrived by the 29th, then they should check with their doc by phone.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...rable-adults#background-and-scope-of-guidance
We are advising those who are at increased risk of severe illness from coronavirus (COVID-19) to be particularly stringent in following social distancing measures.
This group includes those who are:

Note: there are some clinical conditions which put people at even higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19. If you are in this category, next week the NHS in England will directly contact you with advice about the more stringent measures you should take in order to keep yourself and others safe. For now, you should rigorously follow the social distancing advice in full, outlined below.

People falling into this group are those who may be at particular risk due to complex health problems such as:

• people who have received an organ transplant and remain on ongoing immunosuppression medication
  • people with cancer who are undergoing active chemotherapy or radiotherapy
  • people with cancers of the blood or bone marrow such as leukaemia who are at any stage of treatment
  • people with severe chest conditions such as cystic fibrosis or severe asthma (requiring hospital admissions or courses of steroid tablets)
  • people with severe diseases of body systems, such as severe kidney disease (dialysis)
[/QUOTE This one is out of date. The Gov.co.uk has been updated since the above

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
That list is out of date. The list has been updated since then. Diabetes is not on the list nor is heart disease. Heart disease only if pregnant

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That list is out of date. The list has been updated since then. Diabetes is not on the list nor is heart disease. Heart disease only if pregnant

Yes, the site has been updated since the time of my post (which is dated several days ago). In fact, the site is updated daily, with new information.
Always good to go straight to the www.gov.uk website to get the most recent information.
You can do that by clicking the link in THIS post.