do you have a hobby ?

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I thought with the virus overtaking our lives I would start this thread to lighten the mood and give us something else to share .
My hobby is not to everyone's taste . I collect reborn dolls .
I first started 25 years ago when I got my first one , over the years I have collected 14 .
My most recent ones are full body silicone babies , I have rooted the hair and eyelashes . I just enjoy buying clothes and dressing them . This is Rebeccah she is full body silicone she be bathed, I rooted her hair and eyelashes took me 14 hours to do over two days .
90482586_1375091632670281_4649013583491891200_o.jpg

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
My hobbies are going to every Sunderland game and also cycling. In the summer I tend to be out every night and every weekend

that's brilliant hope you get to do those things when we are allowed to live life normally again .
Me and my hubby love walking and camping , hope this virus does one so we can enjoy those things again .

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Welshman1952

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welshman, I have a photo of a Mallard almost identical to yours, taken at Slimbridge. I actually did a double take, looking at yours.

Hobbies for me? Sailing, travel, gardening and making ridiculous things involving a sewing machine. :)
Well if it's identical to mine then it's a shoveler not a mallard.

It's been a long time since I've been to Slimbridge and next weekend we were due to be going on a birding holiday to Minsmere with a call in on the way. Looks like CV has scuppered that happening. Still on the plus side the sand martin's are returning and they don't care about the pandemic.

Reactions: DCUKMod

Rockman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Nothing to be honest
My hobbies are going fishing and also cycling motorbike. I tend to be out every weekend.

Reactions: streem26

5Terry

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being alone and having little or no money to enjoy the hobbies I like to do.
My hobbies are 1/35 scale military modelling, "O" gauge and "OO" model railways and photography. But only when I am in the right frame of mind and I can maintan the concerntration to enjoy them.

Terry

Reactions: Julio9

Julio9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Laziness, bad habits
My hobby is reading detective stories (it helps me not to think about bad things) and singing. Also I recently purshased a piano and learn to play music from the "Game of thrones". Have a little succsess!
And I decided to join my brother's hobby to spend more time with him - cycling. It is a bit scary for me now, because the last time I had a bicycle I was 9 years old, but now I enjoy it.
So I try to fill my time with interesting things and I feel better

Last edited:

w00d57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
pain!!!!
I use photoshop to light up a photo of a uk fruit machine that used to be in the arcade/pubs from 1980-2019, then using a emulator i run the games original roms and that means i can play 5000+ fruit machines totally free and that are identical in payout and play to the actual ones it is based on, i have made a lot of these and i love hearing the sounds and playing the tricks of yesteryear for free and unlimited hours of enjoyment etc.. heres a pic of my current work in progress..

top image is one taken by someone who owns the real machine, my progress below is making it appear as though the lights are on. and when it's done it will be animated with the real machines internal rom and ram programs. it's so much fun!!! the final gif is someone elses work from years ago which i'm updating..
wippp.jpg
upload_2022-8-18_10-54-24.png

streem26

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I have a lot of hobbies I rotate in and out. I love cycling and kayaking in the summer months. Board games and reading pretty much all the time. I draw and design planner templates and stickers

Last edited:

PaulAshby

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My main hobby is photography - I used to be a full time photographer till I retired, so now it's just to please me....... My other hobby is cycling..... Here's a photo I took the other morning (stupid o'clock) just because I could....... :)View attachment 56590
Great shot, I'm a bit of a snapper too pro for about 7 years but not doing a lot with it now.
Here's one from today's bike ride in the New Forest.
1664456336618.jpg